reseller question on WHM

hi,

when i want to creat an reseller account, i must create an normal account first, and give them what kind of space/bw. After that I allow reseller in reseller center. Insider reseller center there is the resource usage.

So let say i let the reseller resource at 5gb space and 25 gb bw and the normal account setup i give 5gb space and 25 gb bw as well. Will that make this account up to 10 gb of space and 50 gb bw?

or is the reseller resource limit limited under the normal account settings i give the user?

thanks

The reseller will resell only 5 G HDD and 25 G BW. But you have to limit the space used for MySQL. Since it is not included in the general HDD quota, you have to fix the limits in your html plan, especially when FANTASTICO is used. Otherwise you will be losing space.
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

so do i fix the mysql space at the normal account setup? then whm will automatically distruibute his mysql space to his clients?

thanks

Actually, there is no way to limit the MySQL usage, except post factum. You can only say that the used HDD space reflected in the cPanel does not include the MySQL space, and to define an extra quota for it, say 100 or 200 Mb combined with 1 Gb HDD space. And there will be no warnings about MySQL overusage.

The best you can do is this, say

Silver Plan
    1000 Mb HDD
    10 GB BW
    10 subdomains
    10 MySQL databases
    100 Mb MySQL database
    etc.

and set reasonable price for space overusage.
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

Is there any simple way to create the MySQL databases in the user's /home space rather than in /var/lib/mysql ?

If more of us request this feature from the cPanel developers, they may wind wais either to limit MySQL in WHM, or to sum up overall disk usage in the user cPanel.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread....threadid=20474

try:
    scripts/updatemysqlquota
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

thanks for the replies...

just out of curiosity... whats the biggest database file uve seen ??