Kernel Problem - Ack!

Okay, something very strange is happening with my server, and it doesn't seem to want to go away.

Everyday at around 12:54 a certain process runs, I don't know what, I'm guessing it's upcp, but I'm not sure. Anyway, after this process runs, the server proceeds to crashing (downtime = not good.)

I asked SM what the problem was, they said it was a kernel problem with HTTP PID, I know what that is, but I'm not sure why that would cause a problem??

If anyone has a solution, or is willing to look into my box to try and fix it, please reply!

Ellesmere Port, Wirral, UK
    Could it be the cpanel updates? High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Vestal, NY
    Check /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg. Look for errors around the time your server crashed. Maybe it is hardware related. Have you tried a different kernel? Is there anything in /etc/crontab that is scheduled around the time it crashes each day (check /etc/crontab and see when it runs cron.daily).

These are the only errors (to my knowledge) that happened before the server crashed.

Apr 12 12:43:12 stone stunnel[6393]: Connection reset: 298 bytes sent to SSL, 859 bytes sent to socket
    Apr 12 12:43:12 stone stunnel[6393]: SSL_read (SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL): Connection reset by peer (104)

I have a bunch of those.

Apr 12 12:44:00 stone kernel: ** IN_TCP DROP ** IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=00:0d:61:36:ae:79:00:d0:01:77:e8:00:08:00 SRC= LEN=48 TOS=0x04 PREC=0x00 TTL=113 ID=45272 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=3678 DPT=2745 WINDOW=64240 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

And a couple of those..I don't know what either mean..
    Nothing else looks unfamiliar..

And...just looking at the seems the server was up, logs were written during the whole time i thought it was down. No actual browser connections were made..but it's more like FTP users trying to login, and the errors that are above.

Having same issue, any resolution?

Top Secret
    What kernel version are you running?
    upcp runs @ 4am, or that seems to be the schedule I've seen on every server I've seen it on, so I highly doubt it's that.
    Does restarting apache do anything? Mysql?
    It could very well be that apache is hanging on someone's process or script and dying, or it could be that there is just too much activity for the server to handle.
    If it's happening the same time every day, check the crons, as most likely they'll provide information relative to what's going on.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Linux Problems? WHMCS Issues? +1-866-546-8914 (linux-14) or @whmcsguru on twitter!

Potsdam, NY
    I have had the same issue before.. I just remove the excess crons including cpup and it should be OK. I would also like a proper diagnoses of what is causing it, though.