Why servermatrix.com is so popular?

Dear webmasters !

I have searched servermatrix.com on this forum and have found that more then 95% of thier customers are happy with them. This company is ranked number 1 amongst dedicated service providers. Do you know whats the secret behind this company's success? How thier service is better then other giants in the dedicated server industry.

reliable , average support , large bandwith ! they connected to big provider around the world and supported by Theplanet i mean they have 'access' to using theplanet's datacenter. which is one of the premium datacenter.

Where is ServerMatrix ranked "number 1 against dedicated service providers"? They may provide a good service at the (very) low prices they charge but I wouldn't rank them among the premium providers, e.g. Rackspace. They weren't available at 2am to fix a server which failed to restart after a reboot, but for the monthly price I pay them I wouldn't expect them to be either.

(to be fair they did a very good job when they did start on the case about 4 hours later, having the server back up in about 12 minutes)

Although personally I wouldn't use their servers for any commercial venture (the low prices alone would turn me away pretty fast, when I think about the kind of people they'd attract), I would say that their current service is more than adequate for non uptime-critical services.

Just my personal opinion only.

1. They successfully managed to market their service as a "top-premium NOC" but slowly moved over to cater to the "entry-level low priced" market. They did this by offering high-end servers initially and still do.

2. They have a lot of cash and investment.. (doh)

3. They have big connections and well setup backend (ORBiT system, complete automated chain-style operation).

4. Quick to adapt to new technology and offer many addons but for a price.

IMO, this company is very profitable as their value added services is the catch. For example, their servers initally look affordable and cheap but once you add RAM, 2nd HD, firewall protection, etc. The price is much more than other typical providers.

Cheap & Good Support

I think they are cheapest windows host with very moderate setup price. Secondaly their support system is very organized. This made them popular.

I'm one of those 95%, so I will comment from experience.

1. Their equipment is reliable.

2. Their backbones are reliable and extremely redundant.

3. Price to Services ratio is unbelievable. Sometimes I wonder how they make money.

4. Their Tech-Support is top notch. I've needed to call several times, and if the call was critical, no hold, straight to the problem.

5. Once your a customer, they take care of you.

Just the main points of why I am a satisfied SM customer.

Re: Why servermatrix.com is so popular?

Originally posted by Irfan Nawaz
    Dear webmasters !

I have searched servermatrix.com on this forum and have found that more then 95% of thier customers are happy with them. This company is ranked number 1 amongst dedicated service providers. Do you know whats the secret behind this company's success? How thier service is better then other giants in the dedicated server industry.
    They are the smaller "arm" of a much larger company/data center. They have great equipment, good bandwidth and good support.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Well, I am satisfied because I don't need their support. But when needed, say to reboot, they answer within 5 minutes.

Don't go to them if you are a newbie to servers.. they are not newbie friendly. You better know what you are talking about or you will get charges on your credit card you did not ask for!!

I am satisfied with them because they are honest and they do uphold their uptime SLA guarantees and does credit when it is their fault. They provide a wonderful price to service ratio.

I had a billing error before and a quick support ticket to accounting has it resolved in no time.

I am impressed on how they resolve issues. It is one company which cares about their clients and always provide the best even when situation wasn't too favorable to them.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I'm switching to server matrix this week. I've heard nothing but good things about them (except one person that keeps bashing about an error). As I have stated before on this board I am very dissatisfied with my current provider. I have read and read and researched and server matrix it will be for me!!!

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-11-2004 at 09:56 PM.