Postnuke vs Oscommerce

Newbie question. From what I have seen Oscommerce looks good but what do you think about postnuke?

-thanks

As I remember postnuke are a CMS, isn't it?
    If so how do you plan to compare this programs?
    Regards,
    SAV

I believe there is group who is integrating both osC with Postnuke or was it PHP Nuke. Not sure but I saw it somewhere.

That might be what he is referring to.
    Pro D'ZYNES Profesional Print and Web Solutions

I thought Post Nuke with Mods could be used like OsCommerce. I think but might be wrong. CMS? C?? Management System?

I am wong. I need to rename the thread PostNuke vs PHPNuke

Originally posted by neo164
    I thought Post Nuke with Mods could be used like OsCommerce. I think but might be wrong. CMS? C?? Management System?
    You are right ... but ...
    Both Post Nuke and osCommerce could be expanded using modules.
    But PostNuke was developed as CMS, osCommerce - as e-commerce application.
    We cannot compare this systems - only modules with the same functionality.
    Isn't it?
    Regards,
    SAV

Originally posted by neo164
    C like

Content Management System

FYI. There is a port of OScommerce into PHPNuke called OSC2NUKE. I had started developing a site for a client of mine based on it however there have been some problems with the community. As I understand it the person who owns the servers that osc2nuke.org is hosted on when into the hospital. The server went down and noone could get to it. After that the various languages forked into slightly different packages and there are several sites that claim to be the 'official site'.
    After I bumped into a significant bug I backed out and went with just OScommerce. This information is 2+ months old and I haven't followed up on it since.

Just thought you's like to know.
    zMIKEz

If youre looking for an integrated cms/ecomm system, there are much better options available (vs nuke/osc)

PM me if youd like more information
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

It might definitely be worthwhile to speak with Andrew from Cartika... that kind of system is right up his alley.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!