Slow loading threads

I am currently running a very active Invision power board, and I recently upgraded my MySQL to 4 and installed Turk mmcache. My website is run on a Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz Hyper threading server, and everything generally loads extremely fast.

Going into a topic with a lot of attached images however, takes forever. Instead of loading in a second or two, the page will pause for more than twenty seconds before loading. WHy is it that it loads it all the way before displaying anything?

Is there anything I can do to change it so the pictures and everything loads as the page is loading, instead of everything taking time loading before displaying the page? It would make the site seem faster. Thanks

does IPboard has something like mod_gzip support to compress ?

i heared this really helpful in vbulletin forums
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Yes but it seems the same both enabled and disabled. This slow large thread loading started when I did a lot of things, such as turk, upgrade mysql, and add the query_cache commands to my my.cnf. What would be causing this?

what is turk?
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

what is turk?
    I believe a typo of "Turck"
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

lol what is Turck!