Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Netstartz - Did anyone get a refund?!

In this thread Steven says that he will refund all those due a refund. In that thread he says that he refunded a few ppl and then the thread was closed for the resons there explained.

I have sent him 3 pms and have gotten no answer at all for my refund , has anyone else gotten their refund?
    Last edited by ardit; 04-12-2004 at 04:19 PM.

Nope
    Though inaccessible now, I was told on the forums at netstartz.com that once they reopen (supposed to be april 11th) that they would begin providing service and credits to those of us waiting. Now, alas, the website is mysteriously down again nor have I received any email regarding the re-launch, an explanation of what has happened, or when I will get the services I have paid for/been credited.
    Who knows if Steven will ever actually deliver what has been promised.

He hasn't up to now so why should he start now.

But if he re-opens netstartz or starts another hosting company I'll make sure he pays for all his has caused us. I'm not going to let him ruin other peoples experience with a hosting company. If he can't deliver what he promises, and has lying an everyday hobby then what type of business will he ever run ... smth close to netstartz for sure ...

I'm referring to that thread in my first post ... I posted there too

Originally posted by pibby
    Nope
    Though inaccessible now, I was told on the forums at netstartz.com that once they reopen (supposed to be april 11th) that they would begin providing service and credits to those of us waiting. Now, alas, the website is mysteriously down again nor have I received any email regarding the re-launch, an explanation of what has happened, or when I will get the services I have paid for/been credited.
    Who knows if Steven will ever actually deliver what has been promised.
    We have been going through our entire database of clients and reconsidering our "30-day Money Back Guarantee." All clients that fell under that were refunded, nearly all that had remaining terms of service were fully refunded or creditted. We are still in the process of refunding individuals or providing credits.

The site that some may have seen on our domain was not intended for the public to see as it was just for production purposes and it has been moved to a private location so we may finalize the design, complete the articles of incorporation, and the merchant acct approval. Within the current days there will be news posted on the domain to update anyone on the status of their refund. The forums were not suppose to be live also they were just for testing purposes. The estimated re-launch date was the 11th, but in order to correctly do things for next time to ensure future success the launch can't be rushed.

Concerns can by pmed to me or emailed to me and I try to answer all my pms in a timely manner...

-Steven
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

So why didn't you answer any of the PMs that I sent you...

I will only believe you when I see the money refunded.

hehehe - promises and more promises. Now where have we heard that before..........
    Dogged Determination

your home for Pet Graphics on the net

I know one thing if I don't my refund I won't let him run another business and screw someone else again. I sent have 4 pms with no answers and the **** bag was online yesterday for more than a few hours.

How much money are you waiting to get a refund on Ardit?

I paid for a full year and got service for 4-5 months so I would say ~$50 for the remaining time.

If you look at the past posts about NetStartz I've been very supportive and optimistic at times. I just thought that I lost that money and a couple of weeks of service during which all my sites were down, and that was fine, you make wrong bets in your life and then just move one.

What totally gets on my nerves, and you have no idea how it pissed I am about it right now, is that Steven has the face after what happened and after stealing from alot of people (well if doesn't refund everyone the amount that they're due he can be defined as a thief) to open up a new hosting company and even advertise in this very forums. I haven't posted in that thread b/c I don't know if I have been refunded or not, the credit card statement is a bit slow at showing newer transactions; with the type of response I've gotten from him - none! - I doubt it though.

I can post in every thread he makes and let the other interested clients see what a scambag he is, but he can always change the username. I could always take legal actions just to give him a lesson of promises and lies.

If he had disappeared from the face of the earth (well at least from WHT) I would have let this whole thing drop.

I made this thread just to see if he had refunded anybody at all ... and it seems like alot of his ex-customers don't care (or maybe they were refunded) I just know that on my part I have sent 4 PMs (one while he was online) and gotten no response ... and now he starts a new company. That's just plainly aggravating!

Originally posted by ardit
    What totally gets on my nerves, and you have no idea how it pissed I am about it right now, is that Steven has the face after what happened and after stealing from alot of people (well if doesn't refund everyone the amount that they're due he can be defined as a thief) to open up a new hosting company and even advertise in this very forums......

I can post in every thread he makes and let the other interested clients see what a scambag he is, but he can always change the username. I could always take legal actions just to give him a lesson of promises and lies.....
    Hello,

I have indeed refunded the majority of the individuals that were due refunds as per our terms of service and special conditions. All the people I stated were refunded in the previous (now closed thread) were indeed refunded and confirmed reciept. I have sent you an explaination of your case via email several days ago, and will foward it again.

As far as me "starting" a new company...A quick search among these boards will show that this company has been in existance long before and has had no prior relations with myself or nS. An official press release will be issued on the matter lately.

While I feel this can certainly be handled in private, if you feel the need to continue posting in public I have no problems with it as long as it's 100% true. I am in no way a theif and many of my colleagus and customers that I've worked with know this for fact. In addition slander of the Colo's company name (not related to nS at anytime prior to 4/16/04 will not be tolerated.

Thank you.

“I have sent you an explanation of your case via email several days ago, and will forward it again."

"While I feel this can certainly be handled in private, if you feel the need to continue posting in public I have no problems with it as long as it's 100% true."

I did try to handle it in private that is why I've sent you more than a few PMs in the last week (you were the one that asked to be PM-ed in the other thread) and have got no response at all! You say you sent an email well I haven't received anything b/c if I had I wouldn't be wasting my time writing here.

You have shown that you have a tendency of making promises and not delivering so there is no reason to ask for trust on my part or any other of you ex-customers (at least a few of them which I know haven't gotten a refund as of yet). I will not analyze every sentence of your post but I suggest you become a better reader and think a bit more before writing. I consider you completely unprofessional and - in my case - a liar and thief.

As to your association with the Colo company AS I SAID I didn't bang into that thread and make a few important points about nS and your character around this forum b/c I wanted to get all the facts straight.

This issue could have been resolved a lot more easily if you had communicated even by just answering on PM, as of the email thing I just don't believe you. I don't want to state my email here but that email has been working and I have received emails every day. It is a yahoo.com email and just b/c you might have gotten it wrong (how convenient) I will spell it out for you "b" underscore "a"r"d"i"t" at above domain.

I really hope you have refunded most other people but...

In addition slander of the Colo's company name (not related to nS at anytime prior to 4/16/04 will not be tolerated
    With a forum as large as WHT, this would be libel not slander. But I don't think it applies anyway.

As soon as I log into the old merchant account (2checkout down again) this person will be refunded, and this will be resolved.

Originally posted by nS-Steven
    As soon as I log into the old merchant account (2checkout down again) this person will be refunded, and this will be resolved.
    You may want to give it another shot. I am able to log into 2CO right now.

Refunded

Originally posted by Matt
    You may want to give it another shot. I am able to log into 2CO right now.
    It was down for me before.

Ardit - You were delivered 8 months of your service and had a remaining 4. You have been refunded for 6. You should have an email from 2co verifying this. I will consider this issue resolved, but if this is not a satisfactory resolution to you contact me via email (steven@**********.com) and something will be worked out.

Regards,
    Steven Clarke

I'm curious as to whether you plan to live up to the terms and conditions that were intact when I signed up:
    NetStartz guarantees uptime at 99.5% during a month.

It is henceforth understood that NetStartz will not be liable for any downtime credit unless our combined downtime period exceeds 4 hours in a month.

In the case of our Shared Hosting Plans, a compensation of $0.25 per hour that your server is down (due to a fault of our network), will be credited to your next month's bill.

In the case of Reseller Plans, a compensation of $0.75 per hour that your server is down (due to a fault of our network), will be credited to your next month's bill.

All downtime credit claims, must be made prior to each billing period to our billing department at billing@netstartz.com. Keep in mind that NetStartz will not apply any credits by default. All credits must be claimed by the subscriber.

So it's now been over 4 months of downtime, what is your plan for me and others in my position since you owe us so much credit?

They probably have to pay a lot of refunds and therefore need time to gather all the money together

I'm curious as to whether you plan to live up to the terms and conditions that were intact when I signed up:
    NetStartz guarantees uptime at 99.5% during a month.
    Hi, I have kept in contact with you regarding our arrangement via PMs. I have sent you a PM with more recent info. I don't surf WHT until the later hours of the day so my responses around 10am on these boards are slim. Just so you know...email is the fastest way to get me next to 1-877-WEB-COLO x911.

Have a good afternoon.

Originally posted by markjut
    They probably have to pay a lot of refunds and therefore need time to gather all the money together
    All justified or obvious refund requests that have been brought to my attention have been resolved. There is just a matter of working out the small cases that don't really justify a refund.

I have every intention on making right on what went wrong.

So it's now been over 4 months of downtime, what is your plan for me and others in my position since you owe us so much credit?
    After 4 months I'd say it's getting to the point of cutting your losses and move on. Sometimes you fish, sometimes you cut bait and move to a new spot.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

I got my Full Refund..... because I had "special circumstances".
    So, while the whole thing sucked, and Steven made lot's of promises, he has kept things completely above board, and has done his absolute best to keep his word, and do right by his customers.

I've seen no other host that has had problems work so hard to do the right thing and do so publically.
    Thus, if he ever gets well established I would gladly recommend his service, because he is clearly honorable, even if not perfect.
    I'm sure he's taken this as a big learning experience, and will be even better in the future.

I wish him luck....
    Tell me, I Forget. Show me, I Remember.
    Teach me, I Learn. "Involve Me", and I BECOME !!!

Awaiting a response to a PM sent to Steven on Monday....
    Hoping to be able to post the same as you, as to a fair resolution to this unfortunate occurance.

Originally posted by nS-Steven
    All justified or obvious refund requests that have been brought to my attention have been resolved. There is just a matter of working out the small cases that don't really justify a refund.

I have every intention on making right on what went wrong.

How about me? I've e-mailed you DOZENS of times since January... and all I got was 2x5 minutes on ICQ, when you said you will transfer the domain and you will give me a refund (even though in November you said that you already HAVE HAD sent my money back!). And then you stopped responding

I'm begining to be seriously scared that I will lose this domain after one year... feels kinda pathetic to beg you so many times :/

Am I ever going to get my domain back??? I made godaddy send you 3 or 4 e-mails to domaininfo@DNScountry.com this week.

--
    mateusz mucha
    hottrick.org
    kosz_na_smieci [at] poczta [dot] onet [dot] pl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast