I'm looking to buy the services of a server administrator for an unmanaged server I just bought from http://www.dedipower.co.uk. I am a web developer by trade and struggled more than I anticipated with an unmanaged server which cam with just webmin and SSH.
This is a suse linux 9 pro dedicated server and have run into some problems I have no idea how to sort out.
Installed & Running:
Apache2 - Domains all point correctly with universal cgi-bin for awstats.
proftpd - with mysql auth
Postfix - nearly
1. I need postfix configured to accept incoming/outgoing email for about 4 email addresses of 2 different domains that can be used with outlook and webmail.
The domains are already setup and running beatifully using the DNS of the domain registrar 123-reg.co.uk which has the mx record setup correctly (I think).
2. I have installed php5 but have spent 6 days trying to configure it with IMAP for webmail with no joy at all.
3. Webmail setup. (Preferably Horde/Imp)
4. Web access_log rotation compressed nightly with one month stored.
5. proftpd works perfectly but has a permission error when attempting to upload. (Very simple I think but I have no idea).
On going work no doubt... e.g. SSL Certs.
I would appreciate any help and can pay with PayPal after a rough quote.
Alistair (aka Brooky)
alibrookbanks_at_hotmail_com (my normal email address is down )