legal requirments for company in US

Hello.

I am looking to start up my webhosting company again..

but this time.. ONLY for webhosting. and nothing other than that..

What are the legal requirments for a business in Chicago IL , USA

The best to do is to get a lawyer .... although you many get excellent advice on this forum it wont be as good as a pro who has been practicing law for many years.

I have no idea about the legal issues in the USA.

generally you can start a business with nothing really. if you want to trademark your name and such you need to get a lawyer to assist.

basically get a sales tax license from your state, ficticious business name form if you plan on using a business name that does not have your surname in it, and you'd be set. I believe thats the bare minimum, but again you will want to consult a lawyer, or the small business administration in your state.
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

Are there AGE Restrictions?

I’m not sure about age, but it would be logical to be at least 18 since at that age you are legally responsible for your actions.

Oh, just to let you know, dont start a business unless you can cover your costs for at least a year without making any sales. Thats my personal opinion though.

Well.. Ive had my own company before.. and it was up and running for two years... Still running www.SeHosting.net

But see.. I want to stop selling Game servers and become a Registerd Webhosting Seller.. With all the papers and everything saying its legal..

I am 16 so i am trying to figure if there is going to be any altercations with me registering my company.

Originally posted by SethEffectz
    Well.. Ive had my own company before.. and it was up and running for two years... Still running www.SeHosting.net

But see.. I want to stop selling Game servers and become a Registerd Webhosting Seller.. With all the papers and everything saying its legal..

I am 16 so i am trying to figure if there is going to be any altercations with me registering my company.
    Unfortunately, you need to be 18 to make everything legal. The reason for this is due to US law stipulating adulthood starts at age 18. Until that point, the company would have to be registered by your parents and then transferred to you upon turning 18 years of age. You can still be in charge of the company and handle everything, but for legal purposes, someone over 18 or older will have to be the listed owner.

You'll want to check out this page here, it's specific to Chicago:

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/w...lName=Business

Regards,
    Waylon

Theres no way in hell i am going to have the company under my mother/fathers name..

nope nope nope cant do it

But i guess i'll just have to do it the way it is now...

Theres no way in hell i am going to have the company under my mother/fathers name..

nope nope nope cant do it

But i guess i'll just have to do it the way it is now...
    Why not?

Regards,
    Waylon

Because i'd Rather keep everything under my name and not be legal.. then to have the company in my parents name..

Because i'd Rather keep everything under my name and not be legal.. then to have the company in my parents name..
    Well that's illegal and there are penalties for that. All you have to do is have your parents file the forms, and the rest is up to you.

But you really haven't said why it's so bad to have your parents listed as primary contacts for the company. It's a good way to protect yourself, legally.

Regards,
    Waylon