Lightbulb What Makes a Perfect Package

Hello to everyone, hoping every one had a great Easter!

Ohk after going through discussions in Reseller Hosting Section i wanted to ask What makes the perfect package?

Providing Unlimited MySql Databases, mailing lists, subdomains and emails. Does that influence your purchase behavior?

Getting around 250-800 MB space and 4-7 GB bandwith sound good? Lets say a company providing such features in a package registers with the BBB to gain consumer confidence, would you still think they are overdoing it?

Today companies strive to provide value added services to attract customers, providing site builders and what not! Would having extra features such as meta tag generator, link submiter, page optimizer influence us?

We all have different opinions on what would be the perfect package. Share your thoughts, thanks.

I personally think that a perfect package is one that meets/exceeds your needs in terms of space, bandwith, emails etc. Also a support that you can accept, eg emails, phones etc etc.

For example for me, a phone support is rather useless as I'm outside the US and my host is in the US thus email/MSN support or the kind would be perfect for me. but for a US resident, the perfect support might be phone support.

But if I must list it out, for my current needs:

2GB Space
    20GB Bandwidth
    Unlimited domains, Sub-domains, emails, sql etc etc.
    Custom NS
    WHM/RVSKIN control panels
    24/7 'Friendly' Email or MSN support.

Hello,

IMHO... Service and support... Period.

Do their services match my requirements? Most importantly, the nature of the beast dictates problems. Do they have a professional, responsive, qualified support team?

I believe that companies w/ offers that are too good to be true usually are. I, personally, would shy away from any offer that included "unlimited" anything. I am amazed at those who wish to keep an important site up, yet choose the cheapest provider. Their pain is quite often reflected in this forum.

I believe the hosting market is quite saturated w/ companied that will fail within six months to a year of their start up, once they realize the hard and demanding work required to keep servers and networks operating efficiently and problem-free.
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

IMHO... Service and support... Period.
    AllenB speaks the truth IMHO...

This is what makes a package perfect, the rest is much more arbitrary than you imagine. Although the unlimited features tend to sell well, they do not necesarily keep customers. Good support, systems, and service keeps customers.

HTH

It's about what's behind the package, service, support, flexibility, understanding and creativity - of your service providers.
    They are there to - p.r.o.v.i.d.e.

When there's a will, ther's a way - if not, there's always the other way..

Aharon

Perhaps the most important thing that a hosting company sells is its attitude: the attitude towards customers, the attitude towards business in itself, the attitude towards competitors. The rest comes just as a consequence of that attitude.

The other thing would be, Flash tutorials. They help alot dont they? I find them really helpfull. The other day i was at a web hosting site, where it recognized my country time and said ' Hello Good Morning" i found that really nice, do you people think its good? For me social service to a company would be great as well. even if they were a small company paying part of their revenues to charity would mean alot. what do you people think?