Most reliable domain registrar ?

this topic is probably beaten to death -- but I've done some searching and I'm not finding a lot of clear info.

I have about 25 domains registered with bulkregister.

The pricing is a bit higher than most, and the interface is a bit clunky. I've also been reading some very negative things about them lately, and started digging around for another registrar.

Can anyone recommend any others ?

Godaddy.com ? Or eNom ? any others ?

I'm not looking for the cheapest price -- just good service, and reliability and a good interface.

thanks.

when it comes to good service and reliability i'd suggest moniker.com, but you have to prepay for good pricing.

enom is also good if you start under a very active ETP, since their support is slow.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I tried Ev1 It's fine so far no problem with ttem but they have very poor control panel .
    eNom is much better ( but you will have to deposite some funds in your account )
    I'd like to say be away of Godaddy and wildwest domains , specially if you are not in south America , nor western Europe , they may ban you any time
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

The topic has been beaten to death but at the same time you are right when you say that it isn't clear. Why? Everyone has different needs. Domain brokers, hosting companies, web designers, plain end user, etc...we all are looking for something different. Some are out to save $.13

thanks for all the feedback.

Maybe I'm old school, but I always get nervous if something is too cheap - you get what you pay for.

Is there a list of top 5 registrars as far as domain registered ? I'm sure NSOL, and register.com are up there, but who is 3, 4, and 5 ?

thanks.

netsol,rcom,godaddy,tucows,enom
    Domain Maven

if the domains are important for you I would ONLY go for accredited ICANN registrar. At least they are accountable the ICANN, this is not the case of resellers (some are good OK) who can just veto transfers or change ownership data (why not?!)...
    bookmyname, ovh, gandi, are serious. European customer are also better protected than american customer... but that is an other debate. Food for thoughts though...
    Check the list of accredited ICANN registrars, then take a look at their sites/prices/features... read the footnotes... you might come to my conclusions...

Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Originally posted by netgogo
    if the domains are important for you I would ONLY go for accredited ICANN registrar. At least they are accountable the ICANN, this is not the case of resellers (some are good OK) who can just veto transfers or change ownership data (why not?!)...
    bookmyname, ovh, gandi, are serious.

I would disagree, there are reputable resellers who are much larger then most registrars and do an excellent job. There are many registrars who are not worth anything so the logic of accredited registrar is not always valid
    Domain Maven

thats true, there is accredited registrars who has less than 1/2 of the resellers over here in number of domains

Originally posted by netgogo
    bookmyname, ovh, gandi, are serious. European customer are also better protected than american customer... but that is an other debate. Food for thoughts though...
    Check the list of accredited ICANN registrars, then take a look at their sites/prices/features... read the footnotes... you might come to my conclusions...
    Being Icann registered means nothing - read Totalnic, Icann is an impotent toothless lion that is a complete waste of registration fees.
    Some resellers deal with numerous registrars and are best placed to give advice on your particular circumstances
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

namecheap.com

Stay well away from namescout, cheap but nasty.
    HOST CAPACITY || www.hostcapacity.com || SALES: cs @ hostcapacity.com || MSN: msn @ hostcapacity.com
    Shared Hosting || Multi Domain Hosting || Private Label Reseller Hosting
    Pay Pal Accepted || 99% Uptime || Hosting Since 2002
    Support and Customer Service that really care about our clients || It's the Service that counts.

Originally posted by jroy
    namecheap.com
    namecheap is enom reseller but yet more reliable than some registrars

yeah, i know they are enom, but thay are great

I have some domains at namecheap. I also like registerfly. A registrar is a registrar, really. They don't exactly have to do much.