New Webhost : Wants To Hear From You

Hi there,

I would really appreciate if you (the forum dwellers) would take the time to look at Fat Caliber Hosting's web page and let me know what you think.

The URL is: http://www.fatcaliber.com

Thank you for your time
    Bordernode Networks: Limitless Possibilities
    Xen HVM VPS: Linux, Windows, BSD, Solaris
    Follow us on Twitter: @Bordernode

The website looks nice, a little templateish but still looks good. Not too sure about the links on the home page, they look like innocent highlighted text, but they are actually links to nothing. Statistics section is empty although I presume your going to put uptime stats at some point. The link on the site after inspection is possibly your own site? The additional fees part gets put in the statistics section on some pages. But if a customer orders hosting they dont get the option to select these. When a customer clicks more button on homepage, they just get taken to the same page regardless of what package they select. Your about us shows your clearly in the planet's network but your advertising its yours. Its good etiquette to say who it belongs to if its not owned and opperated by you. I'm just nitpicking here, but all in all I like the site and the layout is very easy to navigate.

If you are asking for a frank reply, I would say there is nothing that outstand other competitors. (I didn't compare the price). I would mean the overall layout and the impression from your pages.

Your statistics section is empty (which I don't really know what you would want to show).

Your SSL was self created which causes alot of pop-ups and doesn't really reflect very well in a sense. It doesn't boast the security of the order process to me.

After getting to the order page, the dark background makes the black words very hard to read and some of the graphics are unable to be displayed.

When you try to read more on customers' testimonial, it turns out to be linked to just the index page. Which will mean no other good testimonial to refer on.

Allignment of the news: You might need to see why the first news has an arrow and the others without.

Hope this might help. No intention to give bad comments but these are the flaws i have found.

I agree with acidbase on the SSL problem. People are very paranoid about ordering things from places which do not seem to be secure.

Awesome stuff, I really appreciate it.

In reply... I will purchase an SSL cert today (as I am writing this reply actually) I had one, but it expired as you can see.

The order page is a bit off because one of WHM.Autopilot's draw backs is that it can be a royal pain to customize some of the CSS color templates.

I understand the network is provided by The Planet and I never mention the fact that the ownership of the datacenter belongs to me, I use terms such as "The datacenter we operate out of" rather than "Our datacenter" or "Fat Caliber's Datacenter" but in order to satisfy the general population, I will add The Planet into the About section.

As far as everything else goes, I'll try to implement the changes ASAP. I noticed that you pointed out saying that there is nothing outstanding about the site which would seperate it from the rest. As your personal opinions, what would make a site stand out? What would grab your personal eye and interests ?

I appreciate the time you guys took to writing these reviews and if possible, could you please answer my questions

Many thanks.
    Bordernode Networks: Limitless Possibilities
    Xen HVM VPS: Linux, Windows, BSD, Solaris
    Follow us on Twitter: @Bordernode

This is a Template Monster template, is it not?
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

I think if benoitb has said things in one sentence. You will get my point.

Things that I would say capture peoples' eyes
    1) If you see a page for 1 minute and you close the window, you still an remember what the page is about.

2) Does your customer strike their mind when they see your plans? For this i mean whether they will think about it and consider ordering from you in future.

3) User-friendly. How easy is your pages that you can convey a message. Chunks of facts won't give you that effect. Keep things simple and straight to the point.

4) Keep things constant to all pages. For this, i am referring to your statistics again. Different page has different content in your statistics which should not be the case. Some pages still have that blank.

Hope that summarised all that I can give.

BTW, many people will use this forum for information and a very good way to show professionalism is to participate in this forum actively. How much can one trust from one with just 7 posts? Get my point. THis might be abit side-tracked but something essential to take note of.

Good Luck.