Talk Here World - Site Review

Hello everyone

I'm Site Admin for a public Forum www.talkhereworld.com that is open to everyone. I'd like to get some feedback on my site.

The site has been operational for over a year, but I'm looking to revise it and make it more entertaining. It needs members, but I feel the board needs a complete makeover first.

It needs focus as well and I'm looking to you for productive criticism. Good, Bad or otherwise.

I'd really appreciate your comments.

Thanks
    Pete
    Site Admin for talkhereworld.com

From the header: What does your forum is all about. It did not reflect on the header which capture.

The donation: what does the waterfall relate to the 9/11 donation? and how it can blend with the overall layout.

I think you can try changing the layout colour and the design to make your members feel at ease to chat. There are many forum requesting for review each day and many are in very good design. You can take a good look for inspiration.

Good luck and hope that you just make sure all the graphics that you are planning to use blends with your colour tone and design.

Thanks

I've removed both the Waterfalls and the donation button and agree it was somewhat confusing.

Thanks for the input.

My personal opinion, i dont not mean to insult anyone.

1. argh my eyes ... the headder .... im blind .. rotating circles !!

oh .. may i suggest that change the headder

2. The congrats image in the bottom ... id remove it since it does not blend in / not pro.

3. The banner in the middle of the form isnt helping to give the site a pro look.

the little repititious header bar is an eye sore, make it one big image instead of using the same one 3 times.
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

I've made changes to the header and agree it appears to be for the better.

the site is much better now.

I guess it will do.
    Benoît Brookens III

Just an add-on to my previous comment.

I have seen some forum that can embed items like (google's adword, advertisement as part of the forum).

One good example is: http://www.bytechcanada.net/forum/

I would think you can do so for your donation and those banners.
    This will make things look much neater.

Just my thoughts.

Hope it helps

first i would change the txt " Everyone is WELCOME to join." to a smaller font!!

also the txt at the top

"Welcome to Talk Here World. This board is open and free to everyone. Please register if you would like the full benefits of membership. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] or send me a Private Message. Again Welcome to the board.We also have a nice tribute to September 11th with sound. Hope you enjoy this added featureTHW 9/11 Tribute - Click Here"

well in mozilla firefox looks strange cause its a big white box that dosent stretch all the way?

Changes

Changes have been made. Thanks again for your input.

Hi..
    I visited the site and it says the board is closed..

"The board is closed for the Summer and will re-open on October 1, 2004. See you then, it's been fun and have a wonderful summer. Thanks to all the Admin, Mods, supervisor, etc that made it all a good year. Take care for now."

Its the first time I see a site "closed for the Summer".

hmm...closing for the summer?!?!

I guess it is what it is!
    Benoît Brookens III

In reply:

The board has slowed down to much and it needs an extreme makeover. So, with what I'm learning here from your opinions, speaking with others, and just stepping back a step or two, I'm hoping to present an awesome board in October, unlike anything seen before.

for the next month or so, I'll be looking here and gathering information from other sources.

I want a board that can stand on it's own merit, that retains the majority of visitors.

It must be appealing to a much larger membership. Something that stays focused, entertaining, and draws attention.

One feature being considered for the new board is Artificial Intelligence. The ability to make contact with quests and retain their interest in prospective membership.

I will continue to seek opinions on this thread as they have been helpful. I read and appreicate your comments.

Thanks

Stallion

My experience with message boards is, you don't close down for the summer, or at all for that matter. You lose your membership, you lose their trust. In coming back in Oct. what plans do you have to reinstate your board?

Are you planning on bringing back your past members, or completely starting fresh? Either way, you may have a tough road ahead. Your past members may have found greener pastures, and campaigning for new members may be difficult, in that they may know some of your past members, and may question your credibilty.

Good Luck in any decision you make.

um your sites offline completely when i checked
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Angry

Are you planning on bringing back your past members, or completely starting fresh? Either way, you may have a tough road ahead. Your past members may have found greener pastures, and campaigning for new members may be difficult, in that they may know some of your past members, and may question your credibilty.
    I'm afraid Stallion THIS has happened. Good Luck.

your site

Is your site

www.talkhereworld.com

down? I can't access it.

dats

It's offline for me.

thw site

The site is closed down for the summer per Stallion. He has lost a lot of members as previously mentioned.

Stallion, there is room for damage control and if you still want the members back who supported you with all there hearts its best that you communicate with them. You no what board they are on. I wish Stallion the best of luck because he is going to need it to restore faith in his previous board members. I'm only trying to help you Stallion as these people are.

well said saracen. not a good move, in terms of members loosing trust and search engines. you will be removed completely from listing! why would you close it?
    Benoît Brookens III

why would you close it?
    This is something that only Stallion can answer. All I know is he has hurt a lot of people by just closing abruptly and again, has lost their trust in him. There is no time like the present for damage control and amends to some very special people whom put everything into his board. Heart and soul in fact.