Thread: Need advice.

Need advice.

Hi, im at a bit of a dilemma, currently i have my site running, although its not been long, im changing design again. I currently have the layout as per the link in my sig, but im not sure what google will think.

As you can see from the link, something doesn't look right its just not fluent so i have started redesigning but ove the past 3 days my page rank has gone from 0 to 3 and i dont want to affect it.

So the question is, will changing my design alter my google rankings any?

Thanks, Philip
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

There are a couple things you should know about google.

1) PR updates are not done all the time. Usually they take 3 months + between each PR update.

2) A web sites design will not change the PR considerably, unless you are changing all of the plain-text content on your web site and changing the internal anchor links and urls of all your pages.

3) The only thing that majorly effects PR is the amount of inbound links that you have to your web site. If you want to see an increase in PR, get other high PR (4+) sites to link to you and you will see your site's rank improve over time.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

actually backlink is not the only important thing for your pagerank. Some of my sites has PR4 without any backlink. I don't know the reason but I guess it is because they have good traffic.

Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Originally posted by huskerchen
    actually backlink is not the only important thing for your pagerank. Some of my sites has PR4 without any backlink. I don't know the reason but I guess it is because they have good traffic.
    You're right, google does assign an initial page rank to sites when it firsts indexes them. Many people see their sites keyword rankings artificially inflate when they first are index, but if you would like to keep a high ranking, and move past 4 or 5 PR, you will want to get backlinks from other sites.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.