Could you explain those terms?

I don't know exactly what they mean. I've a idea but i'd rather be sure.

Newb question

POP3 email
    Static Ip
    Multiple Domain Hosting
    Subdomains
    Add-on FTP Accounts
    mySQL Databases

What are they? And do i need em for my site?
    My site was develloped using mysql,phpadmin,apache,phpnuke.
    Thanks

POP3 email - allows using email clients that support pop3 to download email... Most of the widely used ones have that feature.
    -Dont need it really, but if you want to use something other than webmail or IMAP, then yes

Static IP - your IP is assigned and doesnt change after its lease period. However it can still change but wont on system reboots ect.
    -Dont need it, although I would recommend using it if you use the IP to host things. Not needed, but its better.

Subdomains - You own domain.com , you want a sub-domain for your sales staff. Subdomain could be sales.domain.com
    -once again. dont need them, but come in handy.

Multiple Domain hosting - they allow more than one domain to point to your public folders. So like domain1.com and domain2.com would both show the same site.
    -... trend grows... dont need them either. But useful if you own more than one domain. Like cope.com and cope.net

Add-on FTP accounts - instead of limiting you to only having one ftp account to use. They allow you to create more FTP accounts and most of the time means assign them different rights. Like only allow "Bob" to upload to ' mysite/bob/ '
    -trend entry#5, no you dont need it. handy if you want others to have limited ftp access

MySQL databases - if your site was developed using MySQL..... then you would need it.

Re: Could you explain those terms?

-- edit -- I knew I'd be beaten to the punch if I went more thorough. Oh well

POP3 email:

This is [email protected] - Instead an email alias (an email address that would simply forward to your regular email @hotmail.com for instance), a pop3 allows you to use mail servers in a mail exchange program like Outlook express, or online email clients like Squirrelmail, to send and receive emails from [email protected].

You would most likely want to have these, they usually come standard in all hosting packages.

Static Ip

This is an address, like 283.382.191.2 which is unique to your server / website.

If you're simply looking for a regular web hosting account, this is not required.

Multiple Domain Hosting

This is if you want to host more then 1 domain name on your hosting account. IE: Instead of only being allowed to host joe.com with 200 MB and 1 GB transfer, you can host joe.com, bill.com and bob.com with that space.

Not required if you want no more then 1 website

Subdomains

This is http://something.yourdomain.com -- It's simply a more attractive way to store / host files on your server versus www.yourdomain.com/something

Not required unless you plan to use them

Add-on FTP Accounts

You can add multiple accounts to access your FTP. This is good if you have staff, or other people you want to give access to your site files without having to give them your regular account.

Not required unless you plan to use them

mySQL Databases

MySQL dbs store data in one of the most efficient web formats available. Mostly used with PHP scripts. http://www.mysql.com http://www.php.net for more information.

Not required unless you plan to use it

Hey you guys are really great.
    Tx a bunch i really appreciate it

leave a tip on your way out. thanks.

Originally posted by Cope
    leave a tip on your way out. thanks.

You both beat me to it...Well saves me typing. I hope you figure everything out jenovax4.
    Dimensity Web Enterprises - ..::host.exception.dimension::..
    dimensity.net | dimensity.biz | dimensity.info | support[at]dimensity.net

I did I love people here.