Hybrid View

Question Opinions? Dedicated or not?

I'm currently set up with Valuewebs commerce account. I'm a newbie when it comes to all of this so bear with me. I'm creating a website for our family business and will be integrating Miva Merchant etc.

I also own apprx. 100 domain names. A few of these I would like to develop.

Therefore, what is the best approach? Managed-dedicated or share which I am now, however its only for 1 domain and site. I figure if I had a dedicated server (managed) then I could share the space and not have to pay for each domain-website.

I would like a full control panel (like valueweb provides) and the necessarysoftware ready to go. How do they install privately owned software? (Dreamweaver MX 2004)? I know valueweb offers it free, what about others? I'm currently going between it and frontpage so both would be nice.

I'll need someone there to take care if things go wrong or reboots etc. Pretty close to what I already have but with the ability to add more websites?

Thanks for all your help.

Any thoughts on all of this?

You might think about going VPS for now. It's a cheaper start if you don't really need a full blown dedicated just yet. A place like VPSColo.com might be a good start. They are managed, but allow you to install whatever software you want. They're even pretty helpful when it comes to installing it. They give you WHM/Cpanel for multi domain hosting as well as I believe Directadmin if you prefer.

Question one more thing

I forgot to add that Miva Merchant came with my account (guess I pay to lease it monthly or something). I would need a company that provided this as well.

I guess I'm looking for a one stop shop so to speak (if thats possible).

Thanks Again

VPS is a great idea in terms of costs, and you can always upgrade later on. Also, do you expect to get a fair bit of traffic for your web site(s) in the near future - this could be an influencing factor.

Any cPanel multidomain reseller account will do. No need to go even for VPS.

Any cPanel multidomain reseller account will do. No need to go even for VPS.
    Indeed. Look for "Reseller Accounts" with WHM/cPanel. You can host multiple domains with it and need not worry of managing the server.

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

respond

I could do that with ValueWeb, however with them I have to pay money for each domain I host vs. a dedicated where I can have them all running at no extra cost. Sure the dedicated is more, but adding more website accounts to valueweb would cost a fortune.
    Valueweb offers some dedicated do you think I should check them out?

Good day Monie8,
    If you are comfortable with their technical support and uptime after using their shared account, you can go for their dedicated servers.

Just my opinion. I have taken a look at their server prices. You are able to get some nice servers at other providers at around the same price, some even do not charge for setup fee.

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup