Question Any suggestions...

Hello all.

My family and I are flying out to Mauii soon, and staying there for a week on vacation. I run a webhosting company. Does anyone know the best way possible to check up on my site, to see if any downtime, or problems occurr while I'm gone? I've my staff members phone number, and he has mine, and everything, but what if I needed to get online and manualy fix something? I have 2 Laptops (both new, but without wireless internet - only at home when we hook up the cable connector) and 5 desktops (like that matters =P). I havn't read to see if our Condo up there has got internet yet. It didn't when we were up there 3yrs ago.

Should I just call, or have my staff call me if any problems arise? Any suggestions would be helpful I havn't gone away before, while owning a company.

step one place someone in charge. Leave them a set of procedures maybe even your personal notes. Then tell them to call you if its an emergency. You're on vacation don't drag your work along with you. Last time I checked there were a couple of cyber cafees in Hawaii if you absolutely have to mix business with pleasure. If you have a competent staff then this shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    step one place someone in charge. Leave them a set of procedures maybe even your personal notes. Then tell them to call you if its an emergency. You're on vacation don't drag your work along with you. Last time I checked there were a couple of cyber cafees in Hawaii if you absolutely have to mix business with pleasure. If you have a competent staff then this shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Thanks for the suggestions, they will be used. I don't drag work with me, if I'm gone. Like I said, I just don't want to lose clients because of my absence and the server goes down or something. Something bad always happens when I'm not around