Looking to buy 2 new cars! Need Suggestions

Hello,

Our family is looking to buy 2 new cars (Not necessarily new, could be used, but new as in... well you get the idea).

Anyways 1 will be an SUV and the other will be a family sedan car, so hopefully one thats a bit roomy and not necessarily a sports car.

What I'm looking at for the SUV:

2004 Acura MDX - Touring Package
    2004 3.0i BMW X5

And i dont know where to start for the sedan as there is so many choices. We formally had a bmw 745Li and a 5er, and a Avalon, but I'd like to hear different suggestions.

Okay so these are the only two off the top of my head that I like, but then again I haven't looked into this much. Looking for prices on both cars around the 30-45k range MSRP. I'm open to any suggestions, any reviews and opinions about cars you've owned and driven.

As for what I'm looking for in priority (In this order):
    Reliability
    Safety
    Comfort
    Performance
    Looks/ Aesthetics
    Fuel Efficency
    Cost (30-45k Range)

Thanks

Re: Looking to buy 2 new cars! Need Suggestions

Originally posted by KevinSyn
    Hello,

Our family is looking to buy 2 new cars (Not necessarily new, could be used, but new as in... well you get the idea).

Anyways 1 will be an SUV and the other will be a family sedan car, so hopefully one thats a bit roomy and not necessarily a sports car.

What I'm looking at for the SUV:

2004 3.0i BMW X5

And i dont know where to start for the sedan as there is so many choices. We formally had a bmw 745Li and a 5er, and a Avalon, but I'd like to hear different suggestions.

Okay so these are the only two off the top of my head that I like, but then again I haven't looked into this much. Looking for prices on both cars around the 30-45k range MSRP. I'm open to any suggestions, any reviews and opinions about cars you've owned and driven.

As for what I'm looking for in priority (In this order):
    Reliability
    Safety
    Comfort
    Performance
    Looks/ Aesthetics
    Fuel Efficency
    Cost (30-45k Range)

Thanks
    Well first of all, the X5 is a nice car. (Acura isnt much but a tuned up honda) Have you considered the Mercedes ML 320/500/AMG? Also for the sedan, you may be looking for a luxury car I imagine... Probably a Mercedes/BMW/Jaguar could get you a good one.

As far as I know, BMW's are VERY safe and very reliable (I have a 330CI (Convertable)), like the look personally. Jaguar is a question, however, as they have not had a reliable past but even since Ford bought them, they have been doing extremely well when it comes to the issue of reliability.

Be sure to test drive the cars before you make your purchase.. Actually, go test drive them right now! Its good to get a feel from behind the wheel.

I'd go for the X5. It's really nice to ride in, and hey, for how safe, and reliable it is, it's nice. Unlike hummers, and all those other cars that are ugly. We've got a Black X5, and it's really nice.

Hope that *somewhat* helped.

Have you thought about the Infiniti I35 Sedan?

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,c...-12001,00.html

Great choice in my opinion, has the power, safety and looks.

Er, how many people are in your family? I'm of the opinion that SUV's are pretty rarely needed, but then again, my daily driver is a Miata.

If you only have 3-4 people in your family, why get an SUV at all? Why not just get a 5-series or E-class? They'll be just as comfy and more fuel-efficient.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

2004 3.0i BMW X5
    You should consider comparing that with the Volkswagen Toureg... pretty nice luxury SUV, and significantly less expensive than the X5.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

and for the sedan why not look at an audi, i wrapped one around a tree once and didn't get a scratch on me

Originally posted by Simpli-Erica
    Er, how many people are in your family? I'm of the opinion that SUV's are pretty rarely needed, but then again, my daily driver is a Miata.

If you only have 3-4 people in your family, why get an SUV at all? Why not just get a 5-series or E-class? They'll be just as comfy and more fuel-efficient.
    room...

Re: Re: Looking to buy 2 new cars! Need Suggestions

Originally posted by JayC
    You should consider comparing that with the Volkswagen Toureg... pretty nice luxury SUV, and significantly less expensive than the X5.
    How about that new 4x4 Porsche.

http://www.fantasycars.com/1/News/Po...orschesuv.html

Apparantly very quick also!
    -- Matthew

2004 3.0i BMW X5

Go the X5. Maybe look for a nicely looked after 2002 model. You'll save heaps of depreciation from a brand new X5.
    We formally had a bmw 745Li and a 5er . . .
    Get a 2002 745iL. Nice set of wheels and you should still get the new and current shape in the 2002 model.

Yes, I'm a BMW man myself, with a 5 series. The wife drives a 2002 8 seater Toyota Tarago. Yes, we have just about filled all 8 seats!
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Being a German cars fan, I would highly suggest that you go with a 2001 ~ 2002 X5 4.4i, I have rented a 2002 X5 last year when I was in KSA and you would be amazed about its acceleration, handling and how comfortable this SUV is.

As far as car, I would suggest that you go with the 2001 ~ 2002 S500, these cars are huge and got abnormal power.

Good luck with your search

I'm personally a huge lover of Lexus cars, maybe you should look at those
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

My Lexus RX330 is arriving in a few days time. Ever taken a ride in a Lex? If you haven't it's time to visit your local dealer and compare it to the X5.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Originally posted by Rob83
    room...
    I don't buy it. Have you ever been in a 745Li? Holy **** those things are BIG. I have a client who has one. Pays $1600/month to lease it, too.

Cars like the 745Li or even a new BMW 5-series (been in one of those too) have plenty of room inside. The only thing that SUVs have going for them is headroom, but even a friend of mine who is 6'4" had no problem with his Toyota Corolla.

I just don't get the SUV craze. I am not saying that everyone should do what I do and drive a Miata on a daily basis, but there are many cars with 4-5 seats that are comfy, have plenty of room, and get much better gas mileage than any SUV.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

I got an X5 last year when I got my license and it's pretty much as good as it gets...I'm a BMW FREAK so I needed a BMW and my parents were alot happier w/ the safety of the X5 - I say go for it.

Originally posted by aqi32
    and for the sedan why not look at an audi, i wrapped one around a tree once and didn't get a scratch on me

shweet!!!

Originally posted by net-trend
    My Lexus RX330 is arriving in a few days time. Ever taken a ride in a Lex? If you haven't it's time to visit your local dealer and compare it to the X5.
    I was just going to suggest the Lexus RX330

I'd have to agree, the Toureg is awesome, and this is coming from a die hard BMW fan.

Originally posted by Simpli-Erica
    I just don't get the SUV craze. I am not saying that everyone should do what I do and drive a Miata on a daily basis, but there are many cars with 4-5 seats that are comfy, have plenty of room, and get much better gas mileage than any SUV.
    For most people bigger means safer, although this may not be true in all cases its how the mind thinks. The second thing is that just about all suvs/trucks are 4x4 now.. But then again alot of cars are starting to offer AWD. Third accessibility. Sure some cars may have equal amount of space as an SUV, but it's simply not as convienent for most people.
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by Hosemeyer
    I'd have to agree, the Toureg is awesome, and this is coming from a die hard BMW fan.
    The diesel ones should be out soon, should be getting amazing gas mileage for a SUV with tons of torque. It'd be my pick out of 'luxury' SUV's by a mile.

Alright we are right now looking into:

Infiniti G35 Sedan (AWD) and
    either a:

Toyota Highlander AWD
    Nissan Pathfinder AWD
    2002 BMW X5 3.0i

However, we are really reconsidering the x5 as the price we decided is a bit high. I think it'd be best to have a really nice luxury car to cruise around and have a SUV to do the dirty work thats a little cheaper. Rather that then an expensive SUV and a cheap car. Any opinions?

Also i'd like to hear opinions on the G35 Sedan if you have any thanks

I'd never own a car for myself. I can't stand getting in and out, they are too low, or the view driving down near ground level. And you can say a car is roomy all you want, well, they aren't to me. And I'm not even tall. I can't imagine how people who are well over 6'0" can handle driving around in cars all the time. Only full-sized trucks or SUV's for me!
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    •• www.apexware.com
    ••• LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    •••• www.rockbottomhosting.com

Are you planning on off roading in the SUV? The Highlander isn't made for that. It has a low step in and is meant to handle paved streets in bad weather. If that suits your needs, it's probably the best choice. Good size and nice looking.
    Pathfinder would be a better choice if you do plan on leaving paved streets and don't mind climbing up into it.
    BMW has an ugly rearend. I hate getting stuck behind one of those.
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups