Question Who are the top hosting companies??

Besides voxtreme (currently hosting with them and im ecstatic
    with joy) :-) Does any one have any ideas of who are the best hosting companies out there. There are so many.

Besting Unix

Best Windows

Best Unix/Windows

What companies are out there that rates these organizations.

What are some of the small but promising companies out there.

I heard good things about Voxtreme indeed...

AFAIK there are no "best hosts". There are very good hosts out there though. As Dennis says, "there is a best hosts for you".

No "TOP 10 hosts" is true because such tops cannot be completely unbiased (some are clearly biased). There are no clear benchmarks... There are good/bad hosts, but that's basically it.

Look for what people say about a company (customer reviews) and you should be able to find good hosts. Which one is the best for you no one knows (besides you).

I hope this helps a bit. Cheers!

EV1Servers is a great company for dedicated servers.

Im on my way to the top But it is extremly hard to get even in the middle lol.

Ev1 is great can not say anything bad about them. You can try hosting directories but I do not believe what they say because I always see the same two at the top of the list. Money has to be involved with this.

As others will often say, there is no such thing as the perfect host. Needs vary between different websites, and for that reason there is no 'best' host. Just look around at WHT for some of the promising companies that maintain solid reputations, you're certain to come across them. The best hosts are the ones that fit your needs, but your needs may be 180 degrees from mine.

Like others have said, the best host for you may not even show on my radar.

For me the best hosts I have had are;

tera-byte.com
    dixiesys.com

Both offer great support and excellent uptime. I recommend both companies without hesitation.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

heard good reviews of LunarHosting too. Still there is nothing as best, you need to know your requirements and find the most suitable host
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Pair is a host I respect a lot - they manage to maintain a superb reputation through the high level of service they provide even at their size. That is impressive.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Check this out all....I just found this site

www.webhostingunleashed.com

lol...it confirms that dot5hosting sucks wow they seemed so promising

best host as within the walls of this forum, or hosts that you have never heard of?

I would dare to say you have never heard of the best host, there are so many hosts out there that don't even come near this place and I could say they probably have 100% uptime for months on end.

best host w/i these walls

Originally posted by sdallen
    best host w/i these walls

Well in that case, httpme or voxtreme, now both the same company.

AussieBob did a great job building his empire, he should be writing the book on hosting

Thats just my 2c

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    Pair is a host I respect a lot - they manage to maintain a superb reputation through the high level of service they provide even at their size. That is impressive.
    I would agree with this as well. A long standing reputable company that has my utmost respect.

It can depend on a lot of things.

One certain WHT member spawned the phrase "there is no best host, only what's best for you", or along those lines.

All customers are different, have different ideas on ticket response, different demands, and different expectations. That's why you can only find what fits you best.

Simon

Whoa, netfirms made it pretty big... http://www.alexa.com/data/details/ma...w.netfirms.com

There is no best host. There is reputation hosts like Pair, Lunarpages, Rackspace, Mediatemple.net ...

i would also have to say EV1 for dedicated servers
    Garrett Bishop
    Email:garrett@nexxaccess.com
    www.nexxaccess.com
    Get us working for you

Hi SDallen,

Do more research in this forum and read more reviews. There are good host that provide good and reliable services at certain point in time, but eventually dies off because of many hosting maintenance issues. Find the ones that has been in the business for at least 3 years and remains solid, consistent and reliable over time.

Cristiano
    HostPulse.com - Hosting Directory & Tips
    Cheap Web Hosting
    ASP Hosting
    Domain Hosting