Question Need quality hosting for around $5/mth

I'm looking for quality, no frills hosting for around $5 a month. Only need around:
    5-10 gigs bandwidth/mth
    Front Page extensions
    control panel

Def need:
    Good uptime
    Good support

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks! seems pretty good but I have no idea about their performance - has anyone hosted with them? In their FAQ they say "we do not give out IP addresses by default. You can request one for $10.00 per month" - is this an issue?

Any replies will be greatly

Goleta, CA
    well your request seems reasonable drop a line over at and some reputable companies should get back to you. You only need a dedicated IP address if you plan on using an ssl certificate. If you don't plan to use an ssl cert than a shared ip is fine.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Edmonton, Canada
    You can also check the Shared hosting offers forum. You are sure to find many there who will/do meet your criteria regarding price/space/transfer.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

All I recommend is once you have a few you are thinking about, run a search here and make sure they have good reviews, also contact them and see how fast they respond.
    "Less Lip More Service"
    Providing Quality Hosting at Fair Prices
    AIM: LipWebNet MSN: daniel[at] [color=red]

I would suggest doing some research on which recently lowered the price on their "The Plan" (500MB/20GB/cPanel) to $50/yr.

To check out speed, visit which is hosted by
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Another suggestion, don't go for yearly plans... This keeps your option of switching host alive in case of a problem
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers -

Do a host request and pay monthly