Comments Please :)

Ok, I've taken some time and have gotten rid of the dashed lines everyone disliked. Please take a look at the work I did in re-arranging my front page - www.utaria.net

As compared to what it was previously - http://www.utaria.net/articles/web/113

Please give me comments/suggestions on what else I can do to improve my site. I know I still have a lot of negative space, and I am working on cleaning it up.

Thanks!

I like it very much. However, the middle text body is a little hard to read with the same coloured riser menu/ad bars.

Can the side bars or center content text body be just a little bit lighter or darker? That would make it easier to read.
    Promethyl Corporate.
    Webhosting and Development.
    http://promethyl.com/

Dont like the dashy lines, and the top bar goes all the way accross in 1600x1200 so much that the server is hardly associated with the rest of the layout

Originally posted by Promethyl
    I like it very much. However, the middle text body is a little hard to read with the same coloured riser menu/ad bars.

Can the side bars or center content text body be just a little bit lighter or darker? That would make it easier to read.

Which are you talking about? The content body part of the plan boxes?

Add a backgropund to the News section and the We Provide section to make them more distinguishable from the middle text. Also, add a little more spacing between the left column and the middle column. Also, the Mail Priority list is not alligned in Netscape

hmm.. make space(put $nbsp between LI point and Support Forums... etc

and pls use less fonts in your layout (i check 3-4 fonts family on your site)
    and may be it will be good idea to make Account login on top smaller.

I think that the colors used in the webdesign are too much contrasted, try to use colors with more value (more white in the color that black) and use choose carefully the font colors. That will make it, keep goin'!
    --==\\\ Guru of: MySQL, PHP, JavaScript, Web design, Photoshop 7.0 and Flash MX ///==--

Visit my website - www.beantrix.com

I'm not too keen on this. The use of serif fonts makes it look unbelievably tacky.

I think you have too many different font sizes happening in your site. Some of your main area text are bearly readable and being grey does not help. (By the way, I'm using IE6 with font display size set to "smaller".)

In your interior pages, the header ia not as tall. I understand that is because they do not have the Account Login box and I see that you've made a smaller logo to use. However, whatever that equipment unit thing is looks decapitated.

Back to your main page. In the center, underneath your 4 plans boxes, you have the text links to "Terms of Service ... Want to be a Reseller? ... More Plans". You can do this better. They are lost amongst that jumble of logos.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

I like to see uniform text throughout a site (size/font/etc.).

I like the look but i would make sure that the navigation doesnt change size from the home page to the other pages..

Best Regards

Originally posted by decomplexing
    I like the look but i would make sure that the navigation doesnt change size from the home page to the other pages..

Best Regards
    I agree, it would be best to only change the content, not the layout.