Thread: Forum Installs

Austin, TX

Thumbs up Forum Installs

Forum Installs

Invision Power Board, phpBB, vBulletin (you buy the license). I can probably install any PHP based forum software. If I cant, I wont charge you for trying.

A webhost, with PHP and MySQL (or another database type. Depends on your host/what drivers are available for that forum software).
    If you do not have hosting, I can provide hosting for $7 a month. 150MB space, 3GB bandwidth, cPanel, unlimited domains.

One forum install, done within 24 hours of recieving proper host info, includes 3 days support: $15
    Additional forum installs within a week of original: $10
    (All installs include installation of one free skin/theme/template of your choice)

Additional skin/theme/template installation: $5 per skin/theme/template
    (All skins/themes/templates must be available for download, or you can provide it.)

Full Configuration: $25
    (This includes adding all forums, categories, member groups, settings, forum permissions, etc. Basically getting everything ready. All you need to do is get people there)

Hacks/Modifications: $5 (Minor modifications), $10+ (Major modifications)
    (All hacks/modifications must be pre-made available for download, or you can provide it. Custom modifications may be able to be coded, contact for quote.)

Board Customization: Price varies on depending on what is needed. Contact for quote.
    (Customization includes moving/replacing/changing parts of the current skin/theme/template. This also includes adding custom things to the boards such as links, or banner advertisements. If you need something else, please contact me.)

Private Message: Click Here

I can provide a list of many forums I have worked on, upon request.
    If you have any questions/comments feel free to contact me.
    If you need something else besides forum installs, such as other script installation, web design, etc., contact me and I will see if I can do what you need.

Thank you.

chica go go
    This should be in the employment offers and requests section.

i'll be amazed if anyone pays for your service's

Originally posted by phill2003
    i'll be amazed if anyone pays for your service's
    Why, not everyone who has a forum has the skills to do this type of stuff?

West Yorkshire
    A lot of people here will have the skills and there is a lot of support in each of the forums for phpBB, vBulletin etc...

Some might though. You will have to let us know if it was succesful.
    -- Matthew

Originally posted by HostBidder
    Why, not everyone who has a forum has the skills to do this type of stuff?
    Invision Power Board, phpBB, vBulletin all have easy installers and plenty of doc's and how-tos.

you only need to be able to read. scratch that. - need to be not blind. thats it.

phill I'd be amazed as well, but its his sales thread, so dont think you should have posted that.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

I don't see why the people here are so negaive towards the original post. I'm able to read and install a forum, but not always have the time to do such things. If I had to do all that I'm able to do, should I bake my own bread? or should I just simply buy the service from a bakery? it's called division of labor.

Edmonton, Canada
    Actually I had been asked many times to do installations of forums and other software by clients as they simply do not have the experience with the internet many here have.

Many clients then retain my services as a Technical Administrator where I will do all the updates to the software etc leaving the site owner to the task of just looking after the day-to-day operations of the website.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

Austin, TX
    Thank you for everyone who made positive comments.

You have explained it better than I could have.

Anyway, I have had a couple people contact me about this, more welcome.
    - Keith

I have many clients who are interested in this, but do not have the knowledge. I do not have the time, therefore that is why we have forum installers! Check your PM's!