Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down eNom Stole It!!??

I searched for domain 'edomains.org' and it showed its status as available. so I tried registering it and everything went smooth with order confirmation and everything. I am even charged for the domain in my eNom account as definitely my funds are reduced for a .org domain.

But in domains section it still says 0 domains and it still shows this domain as available on searching at eNom. However the whois at internic reveals the previous record and it is currently registered to someone else.

is that a glitch? do you guys think eNom will reimburse the amount in my account?

Thanks.

Ad.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

http://www.whois.sc/edomains.org
    This domain is registered since 27-Mar-2002 19:30:07 UTC
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

yes its now cleared by eNom but it was a glitch on their side when it was shown as available. For a minute I was bloomed but now I can't trust their domain check utility.

Seems like u used eNom list ( it will not show you if the domain is available or not )
    Thanks

happens all the time with .orgs
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

with orgs and 2 character names people think are available
    Domain Maven

u know even enom has weak .org.uk system

can't register it
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

enom's UK system is not that great. I stopped using them for UK
    Domain Maven

i think ill go back to 123-reg

no, I didn't use eNom list I only checked the domain with domain check utility and it showed it was available. well I will keep searching for other domains and report if such thing happens again.

in my opinon, the best registrar so far is godaddy. give them a try.

so many horror stories about godaddy recently.

just search, especially if you are an international customer..

so Bashar, hows the hosting business in Kuwait?

Im trying to start my own web hosting biz in kuwait during the summer when i get back from univ in the states - im a freshman comp engineer.

In regards to your customer base, what percent would you say are from kuwait?

Aziz
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-03-2004 at 01:43 AM.

Is it just me? Am I the only one who is extremely annoyed with irresponsible thread titles like this one?

Honestly, if something went wrong when registering a domain, then email enom, or start a thread asking for help, but for crying out loud, try something like "Need help with domain" or "Domain disappeared after registering" or something other than an inflammatory, accusatory heavy-handed statement like "Enom stole it".

People throw around words like scam and stole and ripped far too casually.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

go vito

it seemed like it did vito you just jump on conclusions.

this is the email I received from eNom where as I had received an email previously that domain can't be regsitered.

"Hello...

The domain did get registered, but a delay was caused by our order processing program. We have re-set the order, and your domain should be properly in the account within 24 hours.

Thanks for waiting so long!

May
    Technical Support & Services
    www.enom.com
    ICANN Accredited Registrar"

I wonder who is wrong this time, eNom, eNom or me.

That's great. Everything seems to be in order. But I don't see the point of this last post. Was it meant to prove a point? Stuff happens. Sometimes a system has a glitch. And it appears that with minimal inconvenience on your part, they are making things right.

As already stated, what I object to is how you worded the thread. To suggest that Enom "stole" anything is absurd, not to mention unfair to them. If your order process in your business had a hiccup, I am quite certain you would not appreciate reading a thread title of similar nature about you.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by saffar
    so Bashar, hows the hosting business in Kuwait?

Im trying to start my own web hosting biz in kuwait during the summer when i get back from univ in the states - im a freshman comp engineer.

In regards to your customer base, what percent would you say are from kuwait?

Aziz Alsaffar
    hosting biz is nice and growing and for the percentage i'd say %98 are from kuwait and rest from arabworld.

Good luck

Originally posted by vito
    That's great. Everything seems to be in order. But I don't see the point of this last post. Was it meant to prove a point? Stuff happens. Sometimes a system has a glitch. And it appears that with minimal inconvenience on your part, they are making things right.

As already stated, what I object to is how you worded the thread. To suggest that Enom "stole" anything is absurd, not to mention unfair to them. If your order process in your business had a hiccup, I am quite certain you would not appreciate reading a thread title of similar nature about you.

Vito

Vito you are taking side of eNom without looking at my care here. I didn't intend to write all that stuff in my first post if it wasn't true. There is no possibility of getting domain 'edomains.org' because if you look at the domain whois then it is already registered to someone else before I tried registering it. I am just gonna wait for eNom whether they get me the domain or just wasting my time.

I checked that domain twice for availability through their system before ordering it and now its gone. I will keep this thread updated.

but edomains.org is registered 2 years back

so they did not steal anything it was a glitch checking for .org domains...

that is absolutely correct Bashar but can you explain my post about eNoms reply which is on this page on top?

eNom replied that domain will be available in my account in 24 hours, what they actually said "The domain did get registered, but a delay was caused by our order processing program. We have re-set the order, and your domain should be properly in the account within 24 hours. "

but I don't believe them since domain was not available during order placement. so even though eNom says I may get the domain after 24 hrs, I will not.

i thought that reply was for another domain!

enom support not only being slow they are being un-technical also? thats really bad...

just wait and let us know what happens!

yeah sure.. I will keep you all updated.

Look, they did steal it.
    We all know that big internet companies have abilities we don't and they deserve to be bashed in public for their wrongdoing.

Its clear to me that they invented a time machine and used it to go back two years and register the domain before he tried to.
    More power to WHT for bringing this behaviour to light.
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Originally posted by GordonH
    Look, they did steal it.
    We all know that big internet companies have abilities we don't and they deserve to be bashed in public for their wrongdoing.

Its clear to me that they invented a time machine and used it to go back two years and register the domain before he tried to.
    More power to WHT for bringing this behaviour to light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast