Thread: MakoSolutions??

MakoSolutions??

Can I get some reviews on MakoSolutions..

Anyone who has or is using them for DEDICATED hosting..

Thanks'

As a Nocster customer who knows about MakoSolutions, I hope I'm qualified enough to give some feedback...

MakoSolutions: A decent Nocster reseller. They'll place your server order with Nocster as soon as they get it.

Nocster: A nerve-wrecking company to resell for. Nocster may make MakoSolutions look like a bad reseller. Expect a long server setup time (on the order of 5 days to a week), and don't expect MakoSolutions to know if the setup is going to take 8 hours or 8 days.
    Last edited by HostMidwest; 04-10-2004 at 12:09 PM.
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

Nocster: A nerve-wrecking company to resell for. Nocster may make MakoSolutions look like a bad reseller. Expect a long server setup time (on the order of 5 days to a week), and don't expect Nocster to give MakoS any sort of clue how long it's REALLY going to take.
    Nocster is NOT a nerve-wrecking company to resell for. As of right now, setup times are only long on Dual Xeons, everything else seems to be getting done within 2-4 days.

- Matt

Matt, I have to disagree.

Right now, I have a customer who ordered a P4 on Tuesday. He's going to have to wait until at least Monday to get it setup. I've had people tell me my order should be ready by Friday, then Saturday; now it's Monday. From what I got on the phone, their lack of hardware extends to other servers besides the Xeon.

If you have a whole lot of patience, Nocster is the way to go. If the server needs to be up in 48 hours, find another company.
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.

I put in a P4 order (SCSI, no CPanel) on Tuesday night, and it was setup by 5:30PM on Friday.

-Josh

So MakoSolutions resells servers for nocster?

And they sell the servers for the same price as what the nocster website has on thier site.

Wouldn't it be faster and more efficient just to order through nocster directly? Or do you get something through Mako that you would not get ordering directly from Nocster?

Originally posted by cashpath

And they sell the servers for the same price as what the nocster website has on thier site.

Wouldn't it be faster and more efficient just to order through nocster directly? Or do you get something through Mako that you would not get ordering directly from Nocster?
    Their servers include free CPanel. I'm not sure if/what else MakoSolutions provides, but I'm sure if you contact their sales department, you'll find out everything that you need to know

- Matt

Resellers almost always provide lower prices than Nocster.

At the same time, Nocster treats you pretty much like one of their direct customers, except for billing issues. You can go straight to them for support.

Hello cashpath,

Our pricing is very close to Nocster's, however we provide cPanel free of charge. Support issues are handled by our own staff, along with BurstNET. This gives you a double layer of support. Along with this our staff we install a firewall, security packages such as intrusion detection systems, etc. If you have any specific questions about our offerings feel free to contact our sales department via [email protected]

Regards,

MakoS
    -M

/me winks at mark

Noster hasn't mistreated us as a reseller, they've been great.
    --

Originally posted by MStar
    Noster hasn't mistreated us as a reseller, they've been great.
    I'm not saying I've been mistreated by Nocster. However, their unpredictability is some cause for concern. Something tells me that there aren't a lot of Nocster resellers who suffer from heart disease.

I would just like to say that Mako has been good to me so far, got my server fast and have not had problems.

BUT the free cpanel was a luring point for me and the month after I ordered they upped thier prices $10 for Cpanel... so that was a ripoff... Oh Well, I guess you'll have that its called- bait and switch...

I would just like to say that Mako has been good to me so far, got my server fast and have not had problems.

BUT the free cpanel was a luring point for me and the month after I ordered they upped thier prices $10 for Cpanel... so that was a ripoff... Oh Well, I guess you'll have that its called- bait and switch...
    Burst raised the CPanel pricing by $10/month for everybody, it's not Mako's fault.

- Matt

Oh, ok... so I'm still saving $10...

My bad..

once again I would like to update this.. Mako has been great to me the support and help they give is excellent.. I just am sorry that they are under burst.net and my relationship with them has to end