DesignContest.net new layout

please, have a look at the new layout of http://www.designcontest.net and voice your opinions about it. What might be changed? What could be done to improve the design? Thank you for your thought in advance!

Great design and integration of Google Ads!

Not too flashy and pleasing to the eyes.
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

The page does look neat. However, there are links that are not up and also no graphics until I scroll down and found the one and only "medal". This doesn't really capture my attention. With all words and no theme what so ever.

There is no clear directions as to how your site should flow. Should I read instructions on how it works or go to a forum to seek help or? You know it leaves everything to the visitors to wonder and think what should do next?...

I hope i didn't sound harsh or lead you to a wrong direction. Just hope that you might find your inspiration from what I feel.

Good Luck. and nice try.

maybe its because of my high resolution but I see most of the site without scrolling and the design is simply stunning, simple yet so elegant... wish I could make stuff like that :p

keep up the good work mate

p.s. perhaps an avatar or some other small graphic could help to spice things up a bit

I am sorry if I wasn't quite clear. I did not design the layout and I don't want to claim the design mine. It was the winning entry in a contest on the website. And I love it myself, just wanted to hear what you guys think about it.

It looks great. Just one thing though.. there is unnecessary space at the end of the home page, where partners and supported by are.

-Andrew

Hi,

Just had a look at your source code and i see the following:
    <TITLE>DesignContest.net :: contests for designers
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;design,logo,contest,web,webdesign,header,template,competition,html,php,perl,layout,graphics,photograph y,picture,image</title>

</TITLE>

Not too sure what happened here, id suggest changing it.

Best of luck