Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p4host anyone?

p4host anyone?

Hi,

I'm looking for p4host.com review for a reseller package...their plan - $8.99 for 1 GB space and 40 GB bandwidth is a little hard to believe!!
    [And dont tell me to search WHT, coz I did and didn't find anything significant]

I'm lookin for a good reseller under $25 bracket, the only problem is I need SSH! Any other recommendations?

I was thinking of dathron but they are closed to new a/c :| My other choice is http://www.thrillhost.com....still need to check them out here

G

Depending on the host, a cheap reseller plan usually doesn't include SSH.

You can usually work something out though.

Best of luck.
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Some hosts will allow SSH but don't list it as a feature. Best way to find out is to drop in a sales email to a host that you like.

Try emailing the sales folk at p4host.
    Adnan.
    FusionRays.com
    Shared and Reseller Plans

we have no problem with ssh access.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

It also pays to contact the host and ask them, sometimes they might let you have it if you just talk to them. It's also a great way to test out the support response a little.

Guess there are no testimonials on the host then?

BTW I do email many hosts about SSH access and they usually mail back saying they can provide jailed SSH access.

[And dont tell me to search WHT, coz I did and didn't find anything significant]
    There are several testimonials if you do a search, I don't see where you would need anymore. I found 4 or 5 on just a quick glance.

Wow, Were they (testimonials) any good? Juz kidding. I hadn't looked on the 2nd search result page and found an interesting thread on them and reports seem to be positive.

inteltechs, can u explain how your prices are so economic?

p4host was bad when i signed up, then it got better, but now its just awful. I've been using it for hosting several of my secondary websites (its not good enough to host anything important). I'm on server 1 (ip 64.5.44.238). About a year ago when i signed up it was bad, then in about august-september it got better, but now its again awful.

Server response is slow, lots of errors when downloading files (and its not my internet connection - users using websites that i have on p4host are complaining).

So right now (since few days ago) i'm slowly moving the rest of my websites away from them. And even right now when i created backup and tried to download it with ftp i managed to download it only from second attempt. That backup was only about 70 Mb and i have 1.5 Mbit cable and it was downloading at only 50-60 Kbytes/sec with one disconnect in middle of downloading.

Originally posted by ganeshcp
    inteltechs, can u explain how your prices are so economic?
    They overload servers.

I recommend to use them only for websites that you don't care about. For real websites get other host.

*sigh* tats sad...but i guess tats what u get for that price :|

my next options are
    http://www.myacen.com/resellers.html
    http://enhancedhost.com/resellers_us.php

myacen.com/resellers.html
    A hosting company I would recommend. Was one of their reseller client until early this year.

I had to move to a 'lower' cost host thus leaving myacen.com.

But while being with myacen, I never really experienced any downtime except for scheduled maintenance or DOS attacks which I guess is something that no one would expect. Support is good most of the time. Support ticket/emails are replied within 6 hours usually. And there is a community forums with very helpful members in there.

Originally posted by CyberAlien
    p4host was bad when i signed up, then it got better, but now its just awful. I've been using it for hosting several of my secondary websites (its not good enough to host anything important). I'm on server 1 (ip 64.5.44.238). About a year ago when i signed up it was bad, then in about august-september it got better, but now its again awful.

Server response is slow, lots of errors when downloading files (and its not my internet connection - users using websites that i have on p4host are complaining).

So right now (since few days ago) i'm slowly moving the rest of my websites away from them. And even right now when i created backup and tried to download it with ftp i managed to download it only from second attempt. That backup was only about 70 Mb and i have 1.5 Mbit cable and it was downloading at only 50-60 Kbytes/sec with one disconnect in middle of downloading.

They overload servers.

I recommend to use them only for websites that you don't care about. For real websites get other host.

okay, we were BAD and you STILL signed up, that is funny. You said that were a lot of errors when downloading files, how do you know for sure that it is not your end? The server 1 is located in Dallas, Taxas, USA and you and your friends are in Europe how can you expect a fast speed? If you download a big file, and it gets diconnected it doesn't mean that the server is overloaded.

Yes, we do overselling but it doesn't mean that we put tons of accounts to the server and make it sluggish.

Btw, you did not send any tickets when you think that the server got problems. Again, you need to contact [email protected] to settle your billing. You have not paid us for a while.

Kevin
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Originally posted by inteltechs
    okay, we were BAD and you STILL signed up, that is funny.
    I didn't know that and i moved my websites there. After i figured that out i moved my main websites on other host and used your server only for not important websites (i don't really care about websites that i host on your server, but price is good so i stayed there for about a year). And users didn't complain much until about a month ago when all incomplete downloads started.

You said that were a lot of errors when downloading files, how do you know for sure that it is not your end? The server 1 is located in Dallas, Taxas, USA and you and your friends are in Europe how can you expect a fast speed? If you download a big file, and it gets diconnected it doesn't mean that the server is overloaded.
    I never said my friends are from europe. Actually, most people who complained are from US. About fast speed - i'm getting full 1.5 Mbit speed from ServInt and Simpli.biz where my main websites are and both those datacenters are in US. And traceroute to your server goes fine until theplanet datacenter:
    Code:
      7   150 ms   160 ms   190 ms  gblx.ge-1-1-0.cr1.dfw1.nlayer.net [69.31.63.201]
      8   150 ms   200 ms   201 ms  theplanet.ge-0-2-1-101.cr1.dfw1.nlayer.net [69.31.63.2]
      9   170 ms   161 ms   190 ms  car2-1-v2.dllstx2.theplanet.com [12.96.160.45]
     10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
    So problem IS somewhere on your side.

About tickets: as i said - i don't really care about websites that i host there so why would i bother sending tickets to you. And I did send few tickets with different problems (actually i contacted via msn or icq if i'm not mistaken) when i started hosting with you but then problems mentioned there we not fixed so why would i bother sending more tickets if problems aren't fixed.

About billing: I just looked at credit card history and don't see any payments made to you, so looks like i didn't pay for some time. But that's your fault - you should remember when its time to bill your clients. Hosting payments are supposed to be automated and if you can't setup automated system then you shouldn't be in hosting business.

The server 1 is located in Dallas, Taxas, USA and you and your friends are in Europe how can you expect a fast speed?
    Your wrong. Using the USA->Europe link as an excuse is not valid.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

download kde file from Oregon state to server 1:

[email protected] [~]# wget ftp://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/kde/st...1-0.1.i386.rpm
    --18:01:47-- ftp://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/kde/st...1-0.1.i386.rpm
    => `kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm'
    Resolving ftp.oregonstate.edu... done.
    Connecting to ftp.oregonstate.edu[128.193.0.3]:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
    ==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
    ==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /pub/kde/stable/3.2.1/RedHat/Fedora/i386 ... done.
    ==> PORT ... done. ==> RETR kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm ... done.
    Length: 22,656,222 (unauthoritative)

100%[========================================================================================>] 22,656,222 646.18K/s ETA 00:00

18:02:22 (646.18 KB/s) - `kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm' saved [22656222]

to 100mbit at Gnax:

[email protected] [~]# wget http://69.41.232.190/kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm
    --20:10:15-- http://69.41.232.190/kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm
    Connecting to 69.41.232.190:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 22,656,222 [audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin]

100%[========================================================================================>] 22,656,222 2.80M/s ETA 00:00

20:10:23 (2.80 MB/s) - `kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm' saved [22656222/22656222]

to 100mbit at Rackshack:

[email protected] [~]# wget http://69.41.232.190/kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm
    --19:11:16-- http://69.41.232.190/kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm

100%[========================================================================================>] 22,656,222 3.22M/s ETA 00:00

19:11:23 (3.22 MB/s) - `kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm' saved [22656222/22656222]

to 10mbit at DedicatedNow:

[email protected] [~]# wget wget http://69.41.232.190/kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm
    --20:11:05-- http://wget/
    => `index.html'
    Resolving wget... failed: Host not found.
    --20:11:05-- http://69.41.232.190/kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm

100%[========================================================================================>] 22,656,222 719.75K/s ETA 00:00

20:11:36 (719.75 KB/s) - `kdebase-3.2.1-0.1.i386.rpm' saved [22656222/22656222]

FINISHED --20:11:36--
    Downloaded: 22,656,222 bytes in 1 files

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Your wrong. Using the USA->Europe link as an excuse is not valid.
    that was my thought not an execuse. Also, the connection between US to US is always better than the connection between US to Europe.

I didn't know that and i moved my websites there. After i figured that out i moved my main websites on other host and used your server only for not important websites (i don't really care about websites that i host on your server, but price is good so i stayed there for about a year). And users didn't complain much until about a month ago when all incomplete downloads started.

I never said my friends are from europe. Actually, most people who complained are from US. About fast speed - i'm getting full 1.5 Mbit speed from ServInt and Simpli.biz where my main websites are and both those datacenters are in US. And traceroute to your server goes fine until theplanet datacenter:
    Code:
      7   150 ms   160 ms   190 ms  gblx.ge-1-1-0.cr1.dfw1.nlayer.net [69.31.63.201]
      8   150 ms   200 ms   201 ms  theplanet.ge-0-2-1-101.cr1.dfw1.nlayer.net [69.31.63.2]
      9   170 ms   161 ms   190 ms  car2-1-v2.dllstx2.theplanet.com [12.96.160.45]
     10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
    So problem IS somewhere on your side.

About tickets: as i said - i don't really care about websites that i host there so why would i bother sending tickets to you. And I did send few tickets with different problems (actually i contacted via msn or icq if i'm not mistaken) when i started hosting with you but then problems mentioned there we not fixed so why would i bother sending more tickets if problems aren't fixed.

About billing: I just looked at credit card history and don't see any payments made to you, so looks like i didn't pay for some time. But that's your fault - you should remember when its time to bill your clients. Hosting payments are supposed to be automated and if you can't setup automated system then you shouldn't be in hosting business.
    you get timeouts because of our firewall restrictions. Well you don't care about your billing as well your websites that you host with us, why don't you find another host company.

Kevin

I love this dude. Now my account is suspended. I guess that means that I'm done with you (thank god i've got very recent backup copy of website)

I love this dude. Now my account is suspended. I guess that means that I'm done with you (thank god i've got very recent backup copy of website)
    yes, why should I need to have such a client like you!!!

Kevin

Kevin
    That's not very nice, your a service provider you should not go out attacking your clients. They are what make or break you being rude won't win you any respect.

It seems the users review hit a bad nerve with you. You have to take the positive with the negative and hopefully based on what this client has reported you can act on. It will only make you a stronger operation
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

you get timeouts because of our firewall restrictions. Well you don't care about your billing as well your websites that you host with us, why don't you find another host company.

Kevin
    Holy Cow Kevin! Is this how you treat all your clients when they're not satisfied with your services? Wow! I've never seen such a complete and total lack of professionalism, as well a lack of dedication to satisfy a client in my life.

Originally posted by inogenius
    Holy Cow Kevin! Is this how you treat all your clients when they're not satisfied with your services? Wow! I've never seen such a complete and total lack of professionalism, as well a lack of dedication to satisfy a client in my life.
    you think if I treat my clients that way, P4host is still in business till now? I always treat my clients with my best efforts but if they don't appreciate it, then they can take their business somewhere else.

Kevin

you think if I treat my clients that way, P4host is still in business till now? I always treat my clients with my best efforts but if they don't appreciate it, then they can take their business somewhere else.

Kevin
    An angry client who you work to satisfy will be one of your best clients ever.

Kevin
    You need to treat all clients with respect even if they are kicking you in the mouth. Ofcourse theirs a certain point when you say enough is enough. From the posting here it just seems the user posted a honest review.

You then attacked him, not a very wise decision. You take the good with the bad you can't please everyone
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Originally posted by MN-Robert
    You need to treat all clients with respect even if they are kicking you in the mouth. Ofcourse theirs a certain point when you say enough is enough. From the posting here it just seems the user posted a honest review.

You then attacked him, not a very wise decision. You take the good with the bad you can't please everyone

Thanks for your advice, to me, it is enough.

Kevin
    Even if you do have issues with a client, it's hardly proffesional to turn a thread into a client flaming / undermining excersize.... you'd do much better resolving this off-forum.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

woah lets all take some chillage. You could have just told him he had a couple days to pack his bags wow. I don't think I can recommend you anymore.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I pity myself for starting this topic!
    But hey, at least I removed one host from my list (no prizes for guessing which one)

No - thanks for starting the thread.

P4host was on my list to evaluate and this has allowed me to delete them.

cheers,

wow ... definitely a very rude hosting company ...

no matter how bad your client is ... you should never done that ...

what i can say is you are very unprofessional in doing your job ...
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

Not the right attitude IMHO. I'll keep this thread in mind...

oh, Thanks god that I read this topic.
    I just found P4Host have a very good review in FindmyHosting but who know that I won't be the next customer that will be treated like this

Very bad guy indead

Originally posted by siriusblack
    oh, Thanks god that I read this topic.
    I just found P4Host have a very good review in FindmyHosting but who know that I won't be the next customer that will be treated like this

well, if you pay us regularly, and serious about your hosting, you will be fine. We have thousands of happy customers. Everything has its own limit, if you cross that limit, do you think others will be happy about it?

Originally posted by AvailableHost
    Very bad guy indead
    okay, so I cancelled my client because he did not pay, and did not give a rat about his hosting, insulted our hosting company, I became a bad guy?

okay, so I cancelled my client because he did not pay, and did not give a rat about his hosting, insulted our hosting company, I became a bad guy?
    You just could have handled it a bit better, imo.

You've also lost every chance of recovering lost money from that client. If it's a choice between your ego or the money, take the money.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

If it's a choice between your ego or the money, take the money.
    It sometimes depends on the size of the ego and the amount of money that we're talking about.

Just fyi inteltechs, I was looking at picking up an account with you guys until I came upon this thread. Not even considering it now...

If you find your client base dwindiling at some point, you might think back to the people who've crossed you off their lists because of curt behavior here. Might serve you better to put forward a caring personality...hopefully you could back that up with strong services.

No attack meant by this post; it's just my 2 cents of advice.

This thread was a real eye opener. Until now, I had seen a great many people recommend p4, but now it looks like there won't be very many.

That was one of the biggest lacks in professionalism I had ever seen.

Very disappointing.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

Wow inteltechs, you've just shown a great example of what happens when someone cannot seperate business issues from personal issues. When you're dealing with clients at the business level, you can't get personal like that or you'll quickly lose customers. Keep in mind that customers do not see you as a person: they see you as a business, and expect to be treated as such. Step out of line even a little and you're going to start running into major problems. Step out of line like you just did, you can quickly go out of business (not like I would mind, one less competitor). It doesn't matter how big you are...word spreads quickly, especially at a place like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast