Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burstnet down??

Burstnet down??

Anyone having problem with burstnet network problem as I speak now??

For some odd reason. I can't reach my server. Also can't reach burstnet's main page!! I just want to know if it is my local ISP problem. But I try to run a trace through http://www.network-tools.com and http://alertsite.com/index.html. Both can't reach burst.net

I can reach their webpage. It is up. I can't get anybody to react to my e-mail/phone calls

Anton

We were rebooting the router.

It is impossible to answer 100+ calls at one time. If you see the network down, please wait atleast 5 minutes before you start calling.

Addition: As it turns out, our network was being flooded. We thought it was a router problem at first, but it reached higher than that. Regardless, the whole situation was resolved in a matter of minutes. Network atacks happen, it is part of the business. We feel this situation was dealt with, and our response to the incident, was better than excellent.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    Last edited by HostJedi; 11-10-2001 at 09:11 PM.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Sean,

Why do you answer to this post in minutes and I am still waiting on an answer about my server order?

Anton

Thumbs up

Everything back to normal now.

However prefer you guyz at least send out a notification or something before making such modification.
    Even 10 minutes downtime. We still receive complaints from our clients.
    Last edited by Pluto; 11-10-2001 at 07:04 PM.

The cause of the few minutes of downtime was that we were receiving a network flood.

No notification could be given.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

<< Why do you answer to this post in minutes and I am still waiting on an answer about my server order? >>

You have been told several times via support ticket and telephone that your order would be completed sometime Friday or Saturday.

It is still Saturday...the server will be completed today.

Not sure why you are still asking the same question again and again...

Sean R.
    BurstNET

Hey Sean,

You had someone fully consume all 90 Mbps? Do tell
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

I once had someone who consumed around 200 Megs.
    Jay

Sean...

You make me look the bad guy in this. I am just a customer that likes to receive an answer and an honest one to a e-mail and/or phone call in a decent amount of time.

I can understand that you have delays for reasons like above, but do inform your customers about that. Makes them happier.

Anton

<< I am just a customer that likes to receive an answer >>

5-6 times?

I feel bad about acting like this towards a new client, but come on...how many times are you going to ask the same question over and over again, after we keep giving you the same answer?

Once again...your server will be ready tonight...I don't care if I personally have to stay here to finish it until 4AM.

Sean R.
    BurstNET

Then is that techinally saturday, or is that sunday?

common guys, give sean R - a break he is right this time.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Originally posted by BurstNET
    [...] and our response to the incident, was better than excellent.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    Well Sean even if it's true -I'm not discussing this-, it's not for you to say.

http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Originally posted by cyansmoker

Well Sean even if it's true -I'm not discussing this-, it's not for you to say.

well, said cyansmoker

CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

<< it's not for you to say >>

Actually it is.
    I'm the one responsible for making sure things run well at BurstNET.
    If admins take an hour to fix a problem that could have been fixed in 5 minutes, thus causing 55 minutues unwarrented downtme, I am the one they have to answer to.
    I found our staff's response time on this issue to be beyond excellent...and am quite pleased with their performance.

Sean R.
    BurstNET

Originally posted by BurstNET
    << it's not for you to say >>

Actually it is.
    I'm the one responsible for making sure things run well at BurstNET.
    If admins take an hour to fix a problem that could have been fixed in 5 minutes, thus causing 55 minutues unwarrented downtme, I am the one they have to answer to.
    I found our staff's response time on this issue to be beyond excellent...and am quite pleased with their performance.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    Hmm..what I mean is let them know, not us. Facts speak for themselves, don't they?
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Ahhh the sounds of owning a noc :)

Lets see :

Flood !!!
    DOS !!

who tripped on that black wire that connects the router and Dmarc..

You mean that yellow thin wire thingy was the Fiber? sorry.

What do you mean I binded someones elses ips addresses.

Err the drunk driver really hit the pole pretty hard, good thing fiber stretches

No water, coffee and kids in the server room please.

you mean when i did ping -f , i took the network down ?

What do you mean, you lost the router config ?

You lost the password to the what ??

whoa that was kewl , errr that did what.......

UPS does not mean United parcel service!!

Thank god for generators

keep a baseball bat availible in case a backhoe is outside digging..

What do you mean then network is down ?

The server will be here thursday, "i hope this month"

what is an uplink

ok more ??
    -----My wife said it was ok----

Sean:

If you order food in a restaurant and you pay for in advance, wouldn't you like to get it as soon as you possibly can? If the cook says well takes about 30 and the 30 minutes go by, you won't ask where your meal is?

Then the cook says, well in another 30 minutes. After 29 minutes you still don't hear anything, you do know what is going on in the kitchen, you wouldn't ask again? And if you don't get an answer, you would ask again? The manage, the server whoever could give you an answer. Come on.....

You give the impression that you are above the client...... Not a good thing.

Anton

Originally posted by addaction
    Sean:

If you order food in a restaurant and you pay for in advance, wouldn't you like to get it as soon as you possibly can? If the cook says well takes about 30 and the 30 minutes go by, you won't ask where your meal is?

Then the cook says, well in another 30 minutes. After 29 minutes you still don't hear anything, you do know what is going on in the kitchen, you wouldn't ask again? And if you don't get an answer, you would ask again? The manage, the server whoever could give you an answer. Come on.....

You give the impression that you are above the client...... Not a good thing.

Anton
    I hate to butt in here, but give Sean a break!
    Taking your analogy into account, what if you ordered a steak and were told it would take 30 mins, and you tell them it HAS to be in 30mins.
    Then 30mins was up and the steak still wasn't cooked - would you want them to still give it to you or would you want them to keep on cooking it?

At the end of they day, setup times are usually done via WORKING BUSINESS DAYS. Once you get the server it will be fine, but have patience.

Yes, I am waiting for a server from MultipleImage which should be up Monday - I will probably ask for a status on it, but if they say it will take a little longer, then so be it.

--James

I guess I am not expressing myself correctly. I did not care how long it would take as long as they would inform me of the ETA. If they cannot make that ETA, let me know... i am a very understanding man. It is the communication I am complaining about not the delay in service.

Anton

I agree communication is often the number one thing that is neglected between web hosts and their clients. One other thing to think about is if they notified everyone on their network each time there was a short-term or small problem, they would receive hundreds of calls/emails from clients who do not understand what the problem means, even though it may already be past and only a handful of people even noticed.

With 1000's of clients, you cannot mass email everyone for everything, as the support requests go through the roof. I have seen it before.

Maybe a news page or network status webpage to describe these type of probems, but communicating every problem to every customer does not work well.

Just MHO.

<< And if you don't get an answer, you would ask again? >>

<< I did not care how long it would take as long as they would inform me of the ETA >>

OK, now I am getting a little annoyed at this situation. My nice-ness is starting to wear very thin here...

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT US TO TELL YOU THE SAME ANSWER OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

HOW EXACTLY ARE WE NOT REPONDING TO YOUR INQUIRIES, WHEN WE GAVE YOU THE SAME ANSWER MANY TIMES VIA EMAIL AND PHONE?

HOW EXACTLY DID YOU "NOT GET AN ANSWER"?

HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT TAKE FOR US TO TELL YOU THE SAME ANSWER BEFORE YOU ARE "INFORMED OF THE SITUATION"? 10? 20? 50? 100?

SHOULD WE SEND YOU A TELEGRAM AS WELL? OR HOW ABOUT CERTIFIED MAIL?...

Yes, the caps ARE intentional.

I am not saying that the client does not have a right to be concerned that setup took an extra couple days...but the claims of non-responsiveness in this situation, and not being informed, he is contradicting himself with.

Sean R.
    BurstNET

4-5 day setup time in my opinion is more than reasonable as well.

Sean, I can appreciate where you are coming from, and indeed a 4-5 day setup is pretty damn good going, but I can also see it from the customers POV too.

One thing that I don't like is the attitude shown towards this new client. This may well be the first time he has got a dedicated server before, so first impressions count.

Yes, clients can be annoying at times but to answer like that just isn't right

James

"annoying" I can deal with, asking hundreds of questions, well that is our job ...no problem there at all...
    BUT
    Saying that we "did not respond to his inquiries" when we clearly did MANY times, it what has me angry. He contradicts himself, saying we told him one thing, then updated and said Fri/Sat...how exactly are we telling him these things if we are not responding?
    I am waiting for his response to his statement on how we "did not respond"

No, I do not like reacting this way to a new client either...but a point has to be made here that we did NOTHING WRONG.

Sean R.
    BurstNET

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast