Thread: Help Me Please!

Help Me Please!

Hello.

I'm interested in finally finding a reliable and friendly webhost.

One of my biggest problems is that parts of my site (powered by Mambo Open Source CMS) will not work if Magic Quotes is enabled in the php.ini file. I need a webhost that either...

a) has Magic Quotes turned OFF, or
    b) has Apache configured to allow Overrides.

Also, I'm currently building my website and this takes a lot of uploading, checking, re-uploading, checking, etc. As you can imagine, this can be very frustrating if server speed is slow. This is the case with my current host, startlogic.com. FTPing and previewing my site takes a long time.

I'm also looking for live customer support, unlimited (or very high #) of emails, high monthly bandwidth, and at least 500MB of space. Unfortunately, I don't have too much to spend. Probably under $10 a month. I'm willing to make SOME trade-offs, what I want more than anything is speed, reliability, and support.

I'd appreciate any thoughts...

Under $10/month? Then you are almost certainly looking at some degree of trade-off. Support and reliability - if not, then longevitity of the plan - as the main losses.

Yeah, I don't know what trade offs you mean... You want speed, reliability and support. The real trade offs are exactly in those departments...

If you get those, most people would say that you get great hosting...