Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    390

    Live Chat w/Source Code

    Are there any live chat apps that provide the source code so you can add new features, change the way it functions, etc??? I'm not looking for something that gives you "some" of the code (ie so you can change the colors and images and whatnot) but all of it...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    WE SELL GREAT AFFPRDABLE, QUALITY,WEBHOSTING
    Posts
    36
    i dont know, id liek to see one like that too!

  3. #3
    Quick search of google turned this up.

    http://craftysyntax.com/livehelp/

    Built in php and mysql, says it's open source.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    80
    Check out Help Center Live. www.helpcenterlive.com
    Adam Reyher
    PylonHosting.com - We deliver quality hosting

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    721
    Yep Helpcenterlive is great and the source code is full editable no encoding.

    Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    1,888
    HCL is the best one around

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,879
    Kayako LiveResponse!

    http://www.kayako.com

    They give the full source code

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    WE SELL GREAT AFFPRDABLE, QUALITY,WEBHOSTING
    Posts
    36
    full source but not free!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,879
    He/She never specified that the product should be free!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    WE SELL GREAT AFFPRDABLE, QUALITY,WEBHOSTING
    Posts
    36
    i know but r there anyfree ones?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,879
    No super-good ones, as companies prefer to keep source code close to their chest!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    3,379
    PHPLiveSupport offers a source code option that allows you to customize their entire system.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    61
    Have you looked at live chat apps on sourceforge or freshmeat? I have a feeling you could find a decent one that's open source...

    Aharon

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    540
    we couldn't find what we needed on the market so we built our own

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    369
    Kayako LiveResponse provides 96% source code. The other 4% is encoded so that the software can be locked down to one domain.

    I too am looking for something open and am willing to pay for it. I've learned my mistake buying encoded software too many times.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,585
    StarDevelop livechat is 100% open source once you buy it. I have it and its alright.

    www.stardevelop.com
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    369
    I had Stardevelop and then found a few problems. Unfortunately you are limited to having both the server AND your tags on one domain. So if you have a sports site and have sportsnews.com as the main site where you have your server, you can only put tags on sportsnews.com and not on sportscores.com pages. That requires extra licenses. I was very disappointed by this (it's not on the site) and while support was fast it was dispensed with a heaping tablespoon of sarcasm.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    617
    Any of these softwares that support pro-active chats?

  19. #19
    Originally posted by slinky
    Kayako LiveResponse provides 96% source code. The other 4% is encoded so that the software can be locked down to one domain.

    I too am looking for something open and am willing to pay for it. I've learned my mistake buying encoded software too many times.
    In the current version of LiveResponse, we provide 100% source code in case Yearly leased license and Owned license. The 96% code is provided for eSupport Owned license.

    Regards,

    Hiren Mehta

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •