Thread: Site review

Site review

I only have the front page up, but I would like some feedback on the basic layout.

Charlotte, NC
    Not bad. A few suggestions:

1. I'd make the title larger in your flash area. It just seems that there's a lot of wasted space...I think I'd make that font larger and see what that looks like.

2. Grammar/spelling. There's a few errors I saw...maybe you're still working on that part... (testimonail, for example)

3. Mixing of fonts. There's a few fonts that are times new roman looking versus the san serif font you used for the rest. I'm not a fan of the small bold text in your categories either, but maybe that's just me.

Overall, nice clean layout.
    HOSTING your livelihood

West Yorkshire
    I like it. Still needs a little work to complete it but it does look great.
    -- Matthew

I need to fix the fonts, that came from doing them at different times and accidentally mixing up my fonts in photoshop.

Edit: Also once I get it up and running I am going to go back through and redo it using CSS completely.

One more edit: How is the load time on your end for it?

Originally posted by Jhorra
    How is the load time on your end for it?
    Medium to Fast, and I'm on dial-up at the moment so that's pretty good.

The site is coming along nicely J. I remember when it was just a flash header, and it's come a long way since then. Keep up the good work, and post an update when you finish.

I am also going to changed the font size and color of the header, but do you think it would look better with just the text, or a logo? The logo is two 3d H's attached to each other with a halo around the top. I'll try to post a picture.

Bay Area

a little like every other hosting site out there. Esp the thing along the left that has pictures of some compaq mid tower pc next to each plan. I really like the clouds thing tho. I'd take out the mobo image/animation bit. It screws up the purity of the top bit (which i really like).

I like the top bit with the clouds. ... it's not annoying, but it adds a bit of catchiness to the site.
    -- My software isn't buggy; it develops random features --

The design is great. Although like some have pointed out, the different fonts and sizes make it seem alittle unprofessional. Also, I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but the wording on the hosting plans seems alittle akward too. Other than that it looks great, especially the flash. Looks like 95% done. For the index page at least

I agree with what has been said so far so I looked for something else.

1- Use rollovers for the top links (definately not required, just a personal preference).

2- Soften the bevel use on the "More" buttons, or don't use the bevel - also, drop a close shadow on "More" and see what you think. And maybe try square instead of oval for the shape - it would fit with the theme better.

Just opinions of course, and either way it looks good so far
    Something witty here...

Nice look.
    I would just make sure to put in the title tag and metatags on it.