WhoisCart vs phpCoin

I currently am using phpcoin. what would be the advantages if I started using whois.cart?

What features do they have?

Is it worth it?

thanx...
    Dimensity Web Enterprises - ..::host.exception.dimension::..
    dimensity.net | dimensity.biz | dimensity.info | support[at]dimensity.net

phpCoin has been great, new v1.2.1 is out
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

you use phpcoin on cirtexhosting? Did you theme all that yourself?

Also one more Q: how easy was it to upgrade phpcoin?

I personally like using Whois.Cart. It is simple and effective...and they are working on a new version and the beat site for it looks very promising and its also a realivly nice priced software. I would recomend it myself....never really used phpcoin.....
    Luke Moran
    WebHostingChat Friendly Webhosting Guide

phpcoin is complete billing system than whois cart

We don't use phpCoin anymore, used to.
    It's not bad, just no automation etc... and you can use it to sell items other than just hosting.

Free as well which is a +, you can change designs easily.

Looks good, seems like you've got phpCoin working already
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I've been experimenting with Whosicart for about a month now. I think it's very well put together and their support team is excellent. The available modules and integrations with various payment processors and Registrars is impressive to say the least.

Very nice piece of software and for the price it's about unbeatable....

How Much does it cost? Is it compatible with WHM Automation?
    Can it beg integrated with PayPal?

Yes I have phpcoin working right now...but there are a couple issues I dont like about if but its great software considering its free.

OK- hopefully this is not read as self promotion, as I am no longer the active developer of phpCOIN. If so- by all means report it and a mod will delete it....

The comparison of the two is not really a fair one as the goals of each program are drastically different. More like apples to oranges...

If you have the $35, and need an excellent billing manager then WhoIs Cart is a better bet. Especially if you need to incorporate domains purchases with your hosting, or need all the additional vendors (payment processors).

People really misundertand the "reasons" behind phpCOIN. As many here have written their own in-house code for their purposes, this is how phpcoin started. The goal was to provide tools to do most of what someone with a smal scale reseller hosting operation. It is a replacement for some site pages, paylink buttons everywhere, and several other "mixed" program scenarios.

phpCOIN was intended to be a starting point for those who need a free alternative to get started. As your business grows and your needs become more defined, then as any business owner you need to re-evaluate your "tools" and choose what is right for you.

So- the this always comes down to what the person needing the software really needs. Make a list and check it twice.....in many cases you'll find you don't need all the extra things phpcoin offers, and should just go with a billing/client management solution (WhoIs, Clientexec, Modernbill, whatever).

I don't think many people who ponder these questions do this. If you have an entire site setup and need billing, it only makes sense to go that route..

Just my thoughts, hopefully not taken as an ad, but as a clarification.
    Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!!

MGWebServices.com / MGWebDomains.com / Middleground.us

no middleground I totally understand you and what teh purpose for phpCoin was...I am just trying to understand WHAT whoisCart is...I dont know much about whoisCart. Is Cantex the main developer of phpcoin now?

Originally posted by johonbravo
    no middleground I totally understand you and what teh purpose for phpCoin was...I am just trying to understand WHAT whoisCart is...I dont know much about whoisCart. Is Cantex the main developer of phpcoin now?
    Thanks for understanding. Yeah Cantex took over, V1.2.0 was my last....
    Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!!

MGWebServices.com / MGWebDomains.com / Middleground.us

I currently use PHP Coin but I am looking into making a switch to Whois.Cart real soon.