Surpass Hosting - No Reply To Emails

Hi Peeps.

Yesterday i purchased the "power package" from Surpass Hosting. Since i purchased this package i have received no welcome email or reply to my emails. After reading a post from a Surpass member of staff on here stating that all clients are emailed their FTP login, CPanel login etc etc (Welcome email) immediately after purchase i am starting to get a little worried if i have made the right choice of host. Has any Surpass Hosting customers on here had problems with their support? What is their response times normally like? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Mark

Careful, they are the same company as hostdime.com and use the same datacenter as servercove.com. I would do some reasearch on those two companies if you are not sure about them.

Mark you did send an email or fill out a ticket for support already correct?
    Might see if they have a number to call, or another point of contact.
    Other than that not much you can do, although if I didnt have it after a day or two I might look elsewhere(depending on my MOP)

Thank you so much for your info guys. I have tried to find other contact methods but to no avail. Their ticket system wont let me in because i dont receive emails from the ticket system either (a bit like registering on a forum) as they need you to confirm your email addy. I have now tried to reg on their forums but havn't got a confirmation to activate the account on their either. This is not looking good.

I can't even get an automated email from them let alone a human reply. I think im gonna be back looking for another host. I might start now, anyone you can recommend?

Hello,

I would suggest looking on ************** to find a good host. After you find one, you may want to search for them on this site to see what people have been saying about them. I am sure you can find someone who can get you setup right away. Be sure to send an email to the billing department at surpass to make sure that they refund you. If not, you always have the right to dispute the charges.

Originally posted by liquidjoel
    Careful, they are the same company as hostdime.com and use the same datacenter as servercove.com. I would do some reasearch on those two companies if you are not sure about them.
    Servercove seems to be in Florida, where Surpass seems to be in New Jersey. Surpass also claims to operate their own datacenter.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

Located in Orlando, FL, Surpass Hosting operates its own data center.
    Coming from their homepage....

Originally posted by Cope
    Coming from their homepage....
    Yeah, I noticed that they say that, but their IPs are located elsewhere: United States - New Jersey - Parsippany - Net Access Corporation.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

Yeah, I noticed that they say that, but their IPs are located elsewhere: United States - New Jersey - Parsippany - Net Access Corporation.
    There can be 2 scenarios here...

1] IP ownership in ARIN is NOT the geographical location of the IP's For example HE.net will show ownership in CA but they can give you a drop in quite a few other states as well. Same for XO Bandwidth that we use. ARIN shows address of IP-block owner, not actual location of IPs

2] Anyone anywhere in the world can host anywhere in the US. So, Surpass can be based in NJ but there's nothing stopping them from colocating in Orlando, Florida.

I was with them a while back and they were having a bunch of problems. They said they were in the process of moving their servers out of the current datacenter and into their own. So they are being consistent with what they are saying.

If you need anew host just search these forums and scheck out the hosting offers here. Make sure you call them before isgning up and do your research so you dont have this problem again. If they use an html welcome email and you are on Aol you may want to check your spam folder as We had some problems with AOL.

They are locate in Downtown Orlando far as I know. I think the datacenter is there also. I go by it all the time and have talked to few people there so I know they are in Orlando, Florida.

when i had a domain there i received the welcome email right after i signed up, they offer fairly good space and bandwidth (and i was reading they doubled that in all plans (i still have a friend there that was VEEEEERY happy because of that).

They were a friendly company as far as i was there no complaints

Eh?

I'm sure i posted replies to "Surpass Hosting Staff" on here earlier, has he been banned for disclosing my info on here and the posts deleted?

I know Surpass Hosting original username was banned which is why he had to register a new username to reply to my posts. I just wonder if he was banned again. It does look like i am going to have to do a chargeback on Surpass Hosting because they still havn't replied to any of my mail.

My new host - Hostitnow is running fine btw. I have all my files uploaded and everything seems to be in order - SO FAR!!! However, i am still awaiting my welcome email from Surpass Hosting which i signed up for 2 days before i moved to Hostitnow. Crazy eh!!

I have been with surpass hosting for 16 months and they're awesome. When I signed up I received an automated reply/order confirmation email then a welcome email once the site was setup so I'm not sure what the problem is in your case. Are you using a domain that is going through all these DNS changes (old host, surpass, hostitnow)?

I'm very happy with the response time of surpass hosting so I find it very odd that you're having these problems. Email [email protected] you'll get an automated reply email with a ticket number then you can proceed with your refund but I just wanted to say that I'm a very satisfied surpass hosting customer and reccommend their services. You can also post your concern in their forums and a rep will help you sort this out.

About the New Jersey/Florida thing they way I understand it is that their site and forums are on servers in New Jersey whereas their clients sites are hosted in their new datacenter in Orlando, FL. They keep their site/forums in servers that do not host clients.

Hey..

I am a client with surpass, and i can assure you that they give great service and support... Recently i have also been getting some troubles with their main site... Because the datacenter their main site and forum is located blocks certain ip-blocks.. I have no idea why, neither do they.. But that does not affect the servers they are hosting me on.. I can access them well.. And the problem seems to be solved now....

Anyway.. Are you in norway or are your mail-server located in norway or something?? That may cause you to not get mails from them...

Please post a reply if you figure out something...

I once posted a complaint about the owner of hostdime. He then sent me an email threatening to have me banned from this site saying that he has a lot of influence with it. This is obviously bull since he himself has his posts edited for garbage that he posts.

The Skinny on Surpass

They're not evil. For the price, their space and bandwidth are reasonable. If you're looking for dirt cheap hosting with PHP, mySQL and decent frills, they're the service for you.

But beware their attitude. I spent some time with them last summer and they immediately hit service problems. I think it was a DOS attack. Happens, right? But they were less than quick about telling us. Problems continued for weeks. Meanwhile, on their boards, overly critical messages were either argued with or deleted. One helper told us we were idiots for complaining before we checked whether our sites were up -- and believe me, the others on this server and I were checking, not to mention our users, before we complained. I got into an exchange with one admin in which she/he admonished me for NOT having an email account with someone else so that, when Surpass was down, they could contact me. The tone of this admonishment was blunt and unfair (and you can find it if you like -- Google has it cached. Look for "norlos" and "surpass" if you care to read the blow-by-blow). It left me feeling as if Surpass was run by a bunch of 19-year-olds.

But when my users complained and I canned Surpass, I asked for a refund of the time I hadn't used, and it arrived promptly. That tells me they're not crooked or evil. If they've learned the rudiments of customer service, they'd be a decent choice.

To the original poster: It sounds like your email provider has thier ip or emails blocked. That would be consistent with you not receiving any confirmations.

I know the owner personally, he is not a good person.

he is not a good person

and you say that based on what? maybe your competition?, i don't know who is the owner, but the times i've talked with some of the staff they have been quite friendly and helpful as no other host i've been with, direct and personal.

that comment was like a 5 year old kid saying to other "you're ugly"

I am in no way in competition with him. I base that on MY personal experiance, and the experiances that other friends of mine have had with him.

Originally posted by Chill-Tek
    Eh?

I'm sure i posted replies to "Surpass Hosting Staff" on here earlier, has he been banned for disclosing my info on here and the posts deleted?

I know Surpass Hosting original username was banned which is why he had to register a new username to reply to my posts. I just wonder if he was banned again. It does look like i am going to have to do a chargeback on Surpass Hosting because they still havn't replied to any of my mail.

My new host - Hostitnow is running fine btw. I have all my files uploaded and everything seems to be in order - SO FAR!!! However, i am still awaiting my welcome email from Surpass Hosting which i signed up for 2 days before i moved to Hostitnow. Crazy eh!!
    How are things going with HostItNow.com? I'm getting ready to sign up with them and I wanted to see what you thought of them?