How to become a Online RPG game company in US? like FFXI

I will have a dealership for a RPG online game, like FFXI.
    How to doing those kinds bussiness in US?

just Dedicated servers
    install the game server softwar in the servers
    build a website about this game
    people who intereste in , and register game ID
    then we charge member monthly fee?

need to apply a game license?

One hour and you're making a fit? If you are going to run a business you need to register with the state and get a TaxID. Incorporations seem to be the best whether they are C-Corp; S-Corp or LLC.
    Don't look for a way out.

Goleta, CA
    1a. Create a unique game idea
    1b. Write a business plan
    2. Get a large investment this isn't free possibly multi-million dollar
    3. Hire a qualified staff
    4. Begin work on project and hope everything runs smoothly.
    5. After finishing project invest in large marketing campaign.
    6. Suceed or fail miserably.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Originally posted by Yong
    From WHT forum rules...

Participants may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Basically get a company license, write up a VERY detailed game design document (Some templates can be found at , in their article section); then find some programmers on, or other game designer hang outs.

Thats pretty much it, if you're one of the 1% who actually makes it to release - you'll know what to do from there.

Word of advice: (People are going to hate me for this, but I have to say it) - DO NOT go to a "game design college" - these are scams and major rip offs; you can learn everything needed to create a game on your own - only go if you want to join one of the bigger companies like ID Soft (Even then, they more than likely frown on these degrees - they rather see raw talent and dedication, and a real degree).

Basically: If someone tells you, you need "Millions of dollars" - ignore them... You really don't, you just need good planning, dedication, good leadership skills, and some kind of talent to contribute to your team; if you make it big, you can either publish the game yourself or get a big publisher (I highly advise against this - it may be hard at first to start your game without a publisher, but its worth it since you're not locked in a contract) which will provide a server, payroll (Possibly), advertising, etc. - at a large cut of the profits. (I’m talking anywhere from 50 to 90%, and the payrolls aren’t that great either… Infogrames was looking at a game I was creating, about a year back – they were looking for a new “sim game”, and we were one of about 8 different games that they were deciding on; needless to say, we weren’t picked – so just be warned, that even if you do decide to get a publisher – they may not want to publish you.)