Dedicated Server Recommendations

I am new to the dedication server aspect. Can anyone recommend me any good dedication server companies. I heard of managed.com, are there that offer unlimited bandwidth with high speeds at a fair price. I heard of www.rackforce.com.

I know that this has been a topic before, but I could not find the specific thread using search. I am sorry for this repeated thread

Thank you,
    Mike

We have used both. Rackforce a few things we didnt like so didnt stay long. Not that i am putting you off them just wasnt there long enough to give a fair judgement of there service.

Manged got server of them and crashed in first day. But great service. Emailed there support and they got back straight away to say it was a faulty power supply and they had moved us to another server. Impressed with there service so far and they are cheap for what you get. Also they give you full root access and for 20 bucks more cpanel on a redhat install.

They put you on a shared unmetered-T1 I believe. Pointless

For low cost - managed.com
    afforable - servermatrix.com / ev1servers.net
    unmetered at low cost (pls don't complaint if they don't work out) - fdcservers.net / hostmania.net

Mike,

Try to search for more reviews before signing up with Managed.com . Managed.com's service is good, but your primary purpose is to find a host that suits your requirements.

What are the 3 main requirements that you are looking for in a dedicated server service?
    HostPulse.com - Hosting Directory & Tips
    Cheap Web Hosting
    ASP Hosting
    Domain Hosting

I am looking for fast speed and a good price. What 3 requirements can there be to satisfy?? I do not need a control panel becuase i have bought one.

Mike

You might want to dig through the offers forum or try Host Quote. Pull a couple companies you like and call them to see if they can meet your needs.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Sign with that company that offers the easiest sign out. :-)

Yesterday I was stuck in reading the terms and conditions of a very reknown company. Amazing stuff, I should say. On the sign up page they offer substantial discount for one year subscription, saying that if the service will be renounced min. 30 days before the projected end of service, the prepaid money will be refunded as per Terms of Service.

Went to TOS and to my amazement discovered that "prepaid periods are not being refunded, under no conditions."
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

I think you need to decide what you want the server for.

If it's going to be used to host websites, then you're going to want to go with a RELIABLE provider, such as www.ServerMatrix.com, www.GNAX.com, www.FastServers.com.

If you're just using the server to mess around with, or for personal use, and it doesn't necessarily need to have (close to) 100% uptime, and your support questions don't need to be answered right away, then a budget provider like www.managed.com is a nice solution.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Thumbs up Dedicated servers

You need to decide how much your willing to spend for the server - and what you can expect for return on investment.

Try Ultra GamePower - they are quite new but what you'll find is fast reliable service with great support to boot!

It's up to you whether you whether your gona run games servers or websites. But the support you get from these guys is great for when you need help installing a script or short on time.

They take care of you. [ But you should find out yourself. ]
    Last edited by Xer0; 04-09-2004 at 10:59 AM.

ColoGuys.com has excellent service.. Pretty good prices. heh.

Originally posted by X F e L i X
    I think you need to decide what you want the server for.

If it's going to be used to host websites, then you're going to want to go with a RELIABLE provider, such as www.ServerMatrix.com, www.GNAX.com, www.FastServers.com.
    thats fastservers.net
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Yes, .net, good catch.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

There are a wide range of possibilities to find dedicated server you need. So look through different companies - and you'll find what you want.