Questions about AtmoHost.com

I'm currently looking for a new host, I'm not displeased with the one I have or anything and I intend to stick with them for the sites I have hosted already. I am however looking to host a much larger site than my current host could handle for the cost I can afford.

I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience with AtmoHost.com. I know that they are active on these forums but I've also had some pretty bad expierence with hosts that offer anything as "unlimited."

Thanks for any advice anybody can give me.

Hosts that offer unlimited resources, such as bandwidth or storage are to be avoided at all costs really. I even believe they are banned from promoting this on these forums. Fact is, anyone can offer unlimited bandwidth or storage, but nobody can provide it. Fact is THEY don't even have unlimited. Everyone has a limit. Its also a good idea to avoid dirt cheap hosts as it often means poor quality servers.
    Richard Kelly
    Host Current
    www.hostcurrent.com

I'm aware of avoiding unlimited bandwidth/storage hosts like the plague, but the only thing they offer unlimited is e-mail accounts and FTP accounts. That still makes me somewhat wary of them, also the fact that they offer 200mb disk/10gig bandwidth/100 mysql databases for $5. I was just wondering if anybody has some actual experience with them. Thank you though for the heads up on avoiding people that offer unlimited resources, I learned that lesson the hard way.

Well,certainly,there is no such thing as "Unlimited" .You get what you paid for

Hehe yeah, I don't think I'd need either unlimited e-mail accounts or ftp accounts. But I like the price of the bandwidth/storage. If you know of any similar hosts that you are sure are reputable, let me know.

Well i offer unlimited emails and ftp accounts. Thats only because i do actually have them unlimited myself. Its just things like bandwidth and storage thats a con when they promise unlimited.
    Richard Kelly
    Host Current
    www.hostcurrent.com

Hi! I represent Atmohost. The only limit on the email accounts is the amount of storage space you take up for your emails. E.g. If you buy 500Mb of Space then you would have unlimited accounts up to the time you use 500Mbs of space. Therefore the only limit is the amount of mail you keep on your account.

We understand that unlimited space and bandwith are impossible, and therefore we do not offer it.

If you have any more queries then please email me at [email protected] or PM me through here.

Regards.
    AtmoHost.com
    Simple, Reliable and Affordable Hosting Solutions
    Hosting Plans
    AIM: AtmoSupport MSN: [email protected] ICQ: 333025140

There is nothing wrong with offering unlimited emails. They are just basically stating you can have as many as you want. We state this also I would hope no one would judge us on this fact because you can. Unlimited emails allows you to have as many as your plan will handle. How many people do you think would actually have a 1000 email addies? They are just telling you that your not limited. This does not mean a host is dis-honest at all. Unimited domains is the same thing you can only add new domain until you reach your plan limit. very easy to understand.

Unlimited space and bandwidth does not exsist. This would be something to worry about.