Thread: Thinking....

* Thinking....

A big customer of mine is pushing to be moved from the shared environment and as far as I am considered VPS is the way to go right now. I am currently doing Windows hosting through Matrixreseller (Vortech) and Linux with HostConcept. Both pretty good but Matrix is causing one of my customers major slow down and I am putting it down to the amount of MySQL requests that are being performed on a shared DB.
    I wanted to move him to HostConcept but the inability to have more than one Domain under a single Cpanel account nixed that idea. After much research VPSCOLO seem to be bubbling to the top. My questions are..
    1. How is the network? (Any Slowdown / Downtime)
    2. Are there any complaints no matter how small?

This is a good customer and has HUGE potential.

TIA

PS. We know dedicated is a way to go but not right now.

using cpanel addon domains you can have as many as you setup. we have some accounts with 10 addon domains, 1 cpanel interface for the client
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

you can have unlimited parcked or addon domains on a single cpanel account.
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

HostConcept seems to be having problems with that ....

Apart from that has anyone got any answers on VPSCOLO

1. How is the network? (Any Slowdown / Downtime)
    2. Are there any complaints no matter how small?

Thnx

you can have unlimited parcked or addon domains on a single cpanel account.
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

VPSCOLO,

I have VPS there.
    I have VPS box with VPScolo for 2 months now , and all I can say about them are grat things.

Your answers :

1. Well , VPScolo have servers allover USA , so network is great, I say more then great , turbo great ( no downtime @ all ).

2. No , there is one guy and his name is Rus. That man knows his job , and makes everything superb , and even something goes wrong , Im sure Rus can handle it.

Regards,
    Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for !

FastSRV

My only advice is if you go with a VPS provider you will need to make sure you get a package with enough ram to handle the MySQL requests as MySQL loves ram

mocnet, have you submited a ticket with us. We maybe able to help find the issue why your site is slowing. We would be happy to try and fix it.. Since its mysql and not mssql we might be able to help..

Thanks.

[i2. No , there is one guy and his name is Rus. That man knows his job , and makes everything superb , and even something goes wrong , Im sure Rus can handle it.
    Also just to point out although I'm the only one who post on WHT I do employee people for support

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon