How many of you designers use sites without the 'header' command

Or some sort of code that allows you to update one page when adding a new menu item instead of every page, like SSI allows you too.

I was just wondering because it must takes ages to add a new menu to the menubar on a site on every page if you have a big site.

I use php for all of my potentially dynamic content. Links, headers, news etc.

If I add a new link I edit ONE file and that makes the change everywhere. If I change the stylesheet I'm using, no problem, I update my 'header.php' file and it's a global change.

If you're not using some form of this, you're wasting A LOT of time.

That is what i thought Maxor, i am no expert and am currently looking to buy a template that incoperates that, but i just wondered if anyone did it the 'old fashioned' way.

Large sites tend to do that and then have a caching server after that so you can lower the server load

Thumbs up

Originally posted by maxor
    I use php for all of my potentially dynamic content. Links, headers, news etc.

If I add a new link I edit ONE file and that makes the change everywhere. If I change the stylesheet I'm using, no problem, I update my 'header.php' file and it's a global change.

If you're not using some form of this, you're wasting A LOT of time.
    I'm sure some people still do it that way, but it's something I'd look for in a template if I were you, you don't want to have to manually edit each and every page on your site if you change your stylesheet!

php is the best if you deal with dynamic content