Thread: Best Registrar?

Best Registrar?

Hi All,

I have been using NetworkSolutions for some time now, and quite frankly i think they are crap.

A few people recommended enom, which seems to be quite good, but i couldn't determin whether they allow you to privatly register your domain (aka none of your details show up in whois).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

enom is good , RegisterFly I prefer and they have a cheap whois protection service (.99)
    Domain Maven

I've used Registerfly, Godaddy, 000domains, and Namecheap. They've all worked well for me, but I have the majority of my domains with Registerfly.com because of the ease of us and available protection. I believe that they're coming out with a new design soon for the system (at least on the visual end) and it looks pretty good so far. They've been reliable for me, but so have all the rest. I think you're fine with any of the ones that I named.

I'm using eNom, and I am happy with it.

I've used totalregistrations and godaddy, I am migrating from total to godaddy because of a problem I've had.

I recommend www.godaddy.com

Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials

WMS,

There are many good domain registrars nowdays that puts customers in the center of their business. Whichever registrars that you intend to use, I strongly suggest that you make sure it is ICANN.org accredited domain registrar.

When you have a third party organization like ICANN.org that monitors the domain registrar operation from time to time, it is easier to make complaints and have your say sometimes.

Cristiano
    HostPulse.com - Hosting Directory & Tips
    Cheap Web Hosting
    ASP Hosting
    Domain Hosting

I've used directnic.com in the past. Not bad.
    Solid-Hosting.net - affordable multiple domain hosting solutions
    Reliability and Customer Service are our focus!

www.dotster.com, which is ICANN accredited.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Godaddy.com is very good and does allow (for a fee) "private" registration. I've used many registrars over the years and haven't really had any problems with any of them. I still have quite a few domains at Godaddy.
    ~ "Hello, my name is Tom, and I'm a web hosting addict..." ~
    A couple of my most recent addictions include:
    Blog About Nothing - No, really...
    Death Etc. - Bringing The Macabre To Life

One thing that I don't understand, registered and go, I don't think I visit them more than 3 times a year

Well, I would avoid d odora.com. Highly recommend EV1domains, namecheap and DirectI

NameCheap -Good support, control, and price.

Q: What is the cheapest and/or best registrar (or reseller)?
    A: None. The market is always changing and defining price can vary. Some places say ‘free domain WITH widget’ and others say ‘free domain if you do such and such’ and others just claim $6 domains. Quality also varies from user’s experience. Some find an interface they like and advocate the use of a particular registrar for that reason. Some people find support to be the most important feature in domain registrars, and feedback on support quality will vary from person to person. You have to either listen to the general public and their advice or try various registrars until you find one you like.
    From the Domain Name FAQ
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

I decided to go wit RegisterFly. Thanks All!

I don't blame you ... 99c is a LOT better than others with 8 or 9 bucks for whois cloaking
    HOSTPac Web Solutions
    Solid reliable Hosting - Lowest priced Domains - cPanel Multiple Domain Hosting
    Now offering space on Australian based servers!
    Put the Big Koala on your team

Why cloak WHOIS? If you plan to do any business on it... cloaking would drive potential customers away in my mind. A better solution might be a POBOX.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Re: Best Registrar?

Originally posted by wms
    Hi All,

I have been using NetworkSolutions for some time now, and quite frankly i think they are crap.

A few people recommended enom, which seems to be quite good, but i couldn't determin whether they allow you to privatly register your domain (aka none of your details show up in whois).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Why is Network Solutions crap ? I was thinking about moving to it.

eNom is the best domain registrar for me.

Originally posted by kohashi
    Why cloak WHOIS? If you plan to do any business on it... cloaking would drive potential customers away in my mind. A better solution might be a POBOX.
    Maybe because of their prices? i donno..

It is a cheap way to protect yourself from spammers
    Domain Maven