Looking for host/s that offer live chat

Hi all -

I'm new here, so if I'm posting in the wrong forum - I'm sorry. Anyways, I'm looking for a host that offers live chat. I currently have an account with RippleHost, but they don't offer live chat. I already have a registered domain ready to go, but nowhere to use it (they don't have domain parking either). I'm only going to use the site as a personal/family website, so I'm not loooking for much. I'm quite happy dealing with RippleHost even with the limited support - it's just that live chat is an important feature for me now. I would also like to have a forum/bb, calendar, and an image gallery. Can you recommend other hosts that offer live chat, and with prices/features similar to RippleHost's? I already used the Host Request feature, but their offered prices are somewhat out of my budget. Can you guys (and gals) help me out please?

Thanks,
    Ray

Current hosting plan:
    * 100MB space
    * 2GB bandwidth
    * 5 subdomains
    * 5 databases
    * 5 FTP accts.
    * 5 e-mail accts.
    * $9.95/year

Why not set up your own live chat script? There are too many freeware ones you can find around net.

Are you looking for a chat room? or more like a customer service type chat?

fcarsenal,

I believe he is looking for a host that provides live chat as a support channel.

If so, check out the threads in Shared and Reseller Hosting Offers forum. You'll find many hosts that provide that.

You need to up your budget considerably. I would bank that budget to be around a buck a gig, per month, or slightly more. Once you get a more realistic figure in mind, come on back, and we can make recommendations based on that.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

There are nice low priced offers from some established & good hosts, but none of them include live support. Some in fact do not even include ticket & email support and rely only on forum support. Live support in sub-$1 per month is rather difficult to sustain as a business practise.

Sorry for the apparent confusion, but I'm looking for a chatroom feature (as found on CPanel, etc.), not live chat support. Thanks for all the replies so far - you guys are fast!

fcarsenal -
    The chat feature in RippleHost's CPanel has been deliberately removed, and they don't allow chat programs "because of resource usage".

iblive -
    A chat room. PhpMyChat or HTML chat or something similar should suffice.

AlexF -
    Sorry, I meant chatroom feature, not live chat support. Do you know of any off the top of your head?

TRN Douglas -
    A buck a gig a month shouldn't be that much of a difference. I suppose my ceiling could be around $15 - $20/year, if that's possible. I already requested the chat feature to be enabled at RippleHost, but I was turned down. I'm willing to pay extra for it (using RippleHost's price as a baseline) because it has suddenly become an important feature for me now.

Well, as far as I know Fantastico has those scripts too, CS Livehelp
    ^_^

Originally posted by nipl
    There are nice low priced offers from some established & good hosts, but none of them include live support. Some in fact do not even include ticket & email support and rely only on forum support. Live support in sub-$1 per month is rather difficult to sustain as a business practise.
    Again, sorry for the confusion - I should have made my post clearer. I went back to edit it, but apparently the time alotted to do so has already expired.

I'm just looking for a chatroom feature, not live chat support. Simply a way for family members to communicate with one another on their own website without having to install AIM/YM/ICQ/etc. on their separate workstations.

there are free scripts out there that will let you have a chat room on your site...no need to worry about getting it from the host. just google "free chat script". Depending on your platform, you should find what you need.

Cripes, you guys are really fast!

Francisco -
    Yes, I think Fantastico has what I'm looking for. Now if I can just find a similar host that offers that...

iblive -
    They don't allow chat programs. I would have gladly registered another domain with them if the chat feature is enabled since they're doing a special "double everything" right now (200MB space, 4GB bandwidth, etc.).