any thoughts on getting a toll free number?

I have a game server company, and i was wondering what are your guys thoughts on getting a 1800# and if you know/recommend any companies that i can get one from?

I just signed up with Accessline last week. $3.45 a month which includes 50 minutes.

I have Kall8 also. It's great $2.00 a month, no minutes included.

http://accessline.biz

Kall8 or freedom voice seems to be the most popular - we signed up with Freedom voice & even became resllers because we were happy with their services & where their company was going. They are trying to complete an agreement with the military to allow soldiers overseas to be able to call home. It will be a lot easier than when I was in the military - that's for sure.

But check out this forum: Where can I buy a 1800 number? - I think they covered it pretty well and then some

Ringcentral.net is another option for their 800works system. They also have an unlimited plan now - unlimited incoming minutes and 500 minutes/month for outgoing calls using their virtual calling card system.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

I had not seen that one before. A bit difficult to see some of their options but it seems reasonably proce only if you have a high volume of calls.

check out vonage.com it's pretty imprssive for both home and business

Yes - matter of fact, I think we are going to try out Vonage in the near future to see how well it works. It seems like a very cost effective way to setup numerous outgoing calls, extensions, etc.

I'll post here in the forums as to our experience using it... especially if the sound quality is good or not.

We may end up using it in conjunction with RingCentral until we get our own in-house switch/PBX system at our new offic e location.

PS - and regarding RingCentral... I'd agree with Corey that it is really best for folks with a high call volume. For us, it may a lot of sense since we do get a lot of incoming daily calls but if the call volume is lower, some of the other options might be better.
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

While I don't use Vonage's 800 service, I do use Vonage for my telephone service. I was a bit skeptical when I first ordered, but have been impressed thus far. The only down time I have experienced is when my Internet goes down. The voice quality is outstanding, and you can't tell the difference between Vonage and a landline. The only thing that has taken getting used to is dialing 11 digits, but considering the price of the unlimited package, that is nothing. I highly reccommene Vonage!
    Derrick Santos Interactive: Technology Solutions
    DS5000.com Server: Internet Solutions
    -------------------------
    Offering Web & Graphic Design, Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Domains & more!

Cool, glad to hear your experience with Vonage has been a positive one. I think we're going to try out one unit on their system by next week.

I like
    http://www.gotvmail.com/
    They might be alittle more expensive then the ones mentioned here. I mainly like the features they offer.