Thread: speed drives?

Hybrid View

speed drives?

Is speedrives.com any good? They have very good prices.

Re: speed drives?

Originally posted by gamesector
    Is speedrives.com any good? They have very good prices.
    They offer unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth, so I'd say they are a scam.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I wouldn't just jump to the conclusion that there a scam, read there TOS. Anyway i would never go with a hosting company that offers unlimited webspace or bandwidth.
    John Heslop

Another note i just went on the website and it isn't even a hosting company :/
    John Heslop

speedrives.com sell electronic components.......

Im guessing you meant speeddrives.com.
    -"100 GB of monthly file transfer" for $5 a month.
    -"Unlimited megs of storage space + Unlimited GB of monthly file transfer"

Never going to get that. Would not recommend using them.

Edit: as far as their TOS goes it doesnt mention anything about bandwidth other than whats stated about accounts without unlimited.

No never use them. They offer high specs for low prices. their servers are overloaded. They run many accounts on only one server. I used to have friends hosted with them, hosting was always down and if it was up, loaded very slow.
    Their accounts were suspended after using 10GB of bandwith stating that they overuses resources.

Never use SpeedDrive.

Ok, thanks

R u sure? the servers he uses can do 3300GB of bandwidth per month ... are you sure, what about their dedicated servers?

Even 3300GB isn't unlimited...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

they wre trying to sell 50gb of space for $90 a year on yaxay

how many times are you going to "cover" your name sergio? FShosting is the owner of speeddrives, which is a 16 year old kid named sergio. he even has a dbz site dbgtx2.cm

his aim is serigodbz, and monitor when he is online. when he gets home from school, untill when he goes to sleep.

Okay to get the record straight this is sergio fs is some guy who just advertised for me. I am not 16 but 17 and what if I go to school? I like to study and it doesn't matter what age I am all that matters is that I am capable of managing servers. 2 years of experience.

Originally posted by Speeddrives
    Okay to get the record straight this is sergio fs is some guy who just advertised for me. I am not 16 but 17 and what if I go to school? I like to study and it doesn't matter what age I am all that matters is that I am capable of managing servers. 2 years of experience.

hm.. here let me see.

1. you are the only staff, the only person which does support.
    2. You can not manage servers, you have had alot of downtime when I was on your servers.

3. everyone at speeddrives.com was hosting on a reseller account, then moved to a dedicated server just months ago so there goes your 2 years of experience.

4. there are major grammer errors on your site, which you need to fix.

5. you are such a noob, that you give your customers dns such as :ns100.speeddrives.com trying to make your company big.

*EDIT*

Unlimited webspace/bandwidh are NOT possible!

don't use them

I would'n use them. It doesn't sound good at all. The only way to sell unlimited bandwidth and space is to oversell your servers, which will result in problems and performance issues.

Originally posted by Hulk
    hm.. here let me see.

1. you are the only staff, the only person which does support.
    2. You can not manage servers, you have had alot of downtime when I was on your servers.

3. everyone at speeddrives.com was hosting on a reseller account, then moved to a dedicated server just months ago so there goes your 2 years of experience.

4. there are major grammer errors on your site, which you need to fix.

5. you are such a noob, that you give your customers dns such as :ns100.speeddrives.com trying to make your company big.
    1. I am not only staff there are 4 more.
    2. back then the down time was because of the host I was with managed.com
    3. been on dedicated servers about 7 months.
    4.okay well not everyone is perfect.
    5. what does a dns number have to do with anything? 100 1 or 10 who cares about that.

Originally posted by Speeddrives
    1. I am not only staff there are 4 more.
    2. back then the down time was because of the host I was with managed.com
    3. been on dedicated servers about 7 months.
    4.okay well not everyone is perfect.
    5. what does a dns number have to do with anything? 100 1 or 10 who cares about that.
    5.) DNS enables WHT's existance and DNS100 as a label is a bad statement.