Iīm piping all my incoming mail to a PHP script. The script forwards messages to email addresses according to what it sees in the "To:" field.
The only problem is that when the "To:" field doesnīt match one of my real email accounts, the sender gets an "undelverable mail" message back, although the script is forwarding the mail correctly.
How do I stop this from happening? I want to process all the messages that get to the script (which is happening adequately), without the senders getting their mail bounce back to them as undelivered, regardless of whether they are sent to existing accounts in my site or not.
By the way, I use a webhosting company that has C-Panel and when I look up whatīs in Default Address for , I find this:
Can I cange this to accomplish what I want or will my webhost have to help me out?
I had one of my real accounts forward incoming mail to my PHP scripts. Then I send a message to my real account. The message got there and was redirected properly, but I still got the Failed Delivery message back.
Iīm buildig a site where people can post messages and have their emails remain anonymous (for "reply to" purposes). I assign them a fake email consisting of their posted messageīs ID (i.e. [email protected]). When somebody replies to their posting by sending a message to the fake address I look in the database, find the real mail address and forward it there. Thatīs what my PHP script does.
To do this I asked my hosting company to PIPE all unrouted mail to this script. They did. Iīve tested the system and it works. Everytime I send a message to one the anonymous fake email addresses the script redirects it to the correct mail in the database.
The only problem is that it sends the sender an email saying that the mail couldnīt be delivered. This is what I want to stop. Obviously the mails are getting to where they should.
Bounce messages are generated by your hosting's MTA. It's probably a sign that something silently steals emails before the MTA decides that the mailbox is not local and can't route them. Ask your hosting to properly configure whatever they changed.
If I were you, and if I could afford running my own mailserver in your place, I would use postfix and mysql mail routing tables to solve this once and for all.