Temp can not be deleted?

I'm trying to delete some of my temp files as they are getting full. All the times I try and delete some folders it gives me this error:

Cannot delete ERROR_~1.HTM: Cannt find the specified file.
    Make sure you spedify the correct path and file name.

And another one:

Cannot delete ~df394b.tmp: Access is denied.
    Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is currently not in use.

Another:

Cannot delete Perflib_Perfdata_2b4: It is being used by another person or program.
    Close and programs that might be using the file and try again.
    Don't look for a way out.

Those files you tried to delete are currently open and in-use by windows. You can only delete them after windows no longer needs it or via a dos prompt before loading windows.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I was guessing that. It would be nice to find out what they are. I know Perflib is from Intel, i'm not sure about the others. They seem to "always" be in use.

perflib is from windows. It is a cache for loading programs used most often. You don't really want to remove that often.

The others are temp webpages and such.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]

I'm also figure as much. Strange how I don't have any 'web page' windows open, or any programs that use web pages.

The perflib files are for performance counters that are used in performance monitor. I believe net-trend was referring to the prefetch files which are located in \windows\prefetch which have the .pf extension. Most of those files can be deleted after a reboot but the perflib files are always recreated.

takeabyte,

You are right. I got confused.