* CPanel - the look, the feel

Yo, is there anybody out there besides me that thinks that Cpanel looks like total ****? I've been checking out some hosts and evaluating the user interface of the control panels. I am constantly amazed at all the love for CPanel. It just looks cluttered.

There are way too many icons all over the place like a badly organized desktop. Come on Cpanel! Group those icons, put them under a hierarchical menu!!!! You wouldn't want a website to have 50 button icons on the home page. Would you? Hell no! Put that stuff in some freaking organization. Anyhow, I don't understand all the kissassing of this company. Maybe they're the prevalent game in town, but still...

Let me tell you with the RVskin it looks just perfect. I love it. I am an Ensim Pro man and we just put some new servers on with cpanel and the Rvskin now I will never go back to Ensim pro even since we installed the new shapeshifter skins that look awesome.

I was totally against Cpanel until I actually said what the heck lets get the new servers with Cpanel. I am glad I did.

LOve it!!!! Rvskin has a light theme with no icons then the regular theme with icons. all my clients love it because they ca change the colors and language.
    Last edited by colorteck; 04-08-2004 at 01:13 AM.

I think this would be better suited at http://forums.cpanel.net

WHM is pretty grim, I don't mind the end-users control panel though (clients don't seem to have any problems with finding functions).

Kevin

Actually I think WHM is ok. I have been using Ensim pro for a while so WHM is a welcome for my eyes. I have got both now its on to try the other control panels out like plesk

Originally posted by H-U.net
    I think this would be better suited at http://forums.cpanel.net
    huh? not to go often topic, but I'd understand if you said this would be better suited for the Hosting Software forum...but a completely different site?

Yeah..

With that said, default cpanel doesn't look great, but there's plenty of good skins out there.

With WHM, and the million text links off to the side, sometimes I do wish they had some better organization for the control panel.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

the only skins i feel that look "professional" for cpanel are the cpskins, and maybe the blue lagon (or whichever the name for that is now).

I have a small dedicated server for personal use/toying with and it came with directadmin... i'm finding it a lot nicer than cpanel (w/ the pro skin).

Yes I like the cpskins also. I am thinking about getting them. I noticed that the rvskin has the option to install the skins in the Rvskin manager

Well, Everyone loves CPanel and so does I First of all it's easy to use and automates much of the work which should have taken a hell out of you to do manually..eg. mailing lists, creating subdomains and much more. Design doesn't matter that much.. and still there are several themes as well... Some of them are divided into categories as you want.. Blue Lagoon is one so I guess..
    Last edited by morehost; 04-08-2004 at 01:58 AM.
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

i agree, i like plesk better than cpanel

Originally posted by domainwala
    Design doesn't matter that much..
    I have to strongly disagree here. You throw cpanel's x2 skin (or even rv skin) at someone who has never seen it, and you get a headache. Granted, it all depends on the persons knowledge of webhosts and terms such as "subdomains." I guess it's just the market that I work with/am targeting that puts me on that side...

and if it's not asthetically pleasing, it gets even more fustrating I think (mainly, it just doesn't look quite as professional too).

I think Rvskin looks quite professional. Along with the cpskins. never have had a complaint just great responses from clients that are using it. Check out the shapeshifter skins for Ensim Pro. They are very nice and you have 8 of them your clients can choose from. Some are on the wild side and some are very professional

Im starting to enjoy Plesk 7. My New signature controlpanel
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Ah, and so it starts.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Hahah Putting a skin on something isn't going to do jack. Its like squirting perfume on a pile of ****.

Originally posted by Junkie
    Hahah Putting a skin on something isn't going to do jack. Its like squirting perfume on a pile of ****.
    LOL

ok, i think you made your point clear enough

heh

i wish i could find my way out between all these cp's.. ensim pro..plesk..and whm

Originally posted by steliosx
    LOL

heh

i wish i could find my way out between all these cp's.. ensim pro..plesk..and whm
    Choose Plesk.

Originally posted by steliosx
    LOL

heh

Go for Cpanel/WHM

Nah, Dan was right.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability