800 Number Needed

I'm in the need of an 800 number, however, I have specific payment requirements. I can pay via PayPal eCheck, Royal Bank eCheck, Wire Transfer or money order. I'm looking for companies that can accomodate those payment options. Something in Canada would be nice, but having the number in the US would be just as good being as a large portion of my client base will originate there.

Features are not that important, just a standard message system and voice mail will work for now, all the others are extras.
    Michael

Hi!
    Try out vonage.com
    They are good.

Amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares....
    https://bobcares.in

Most major long distance companies offer this kind of service and accept Money Orders. Most other companies are reselling through them.

We have our number through our long-distance carrier. It's a major company here in the US. Good luck!
    Sara

Sara Nelson Photography Preserving your moments since 1973.

Check out this thread: Where can I buy a 1800 number? they provided a lot of options there.

kall8.com

I'm looking around and I see something about needing a $2000 deposit when paying via Chech/Cash. Do any of you kall8 users pay by anything other than credit card?
    Michael

If you have PayPal and meet their requirements for a MasterCard branded debit card then you will have a lot more options. Vonage is a great service, but requires a credit card.

I can't meet the requirements for a debit card if I don't have a credit card plugged into paypal, can I?
    Michael

Well, I'm awaiting setup on a number I got from joako.net. The services I'm getting aren't really advestised on the site but I thought I'd give it a try. I'll keep you guys informed on how it goes.
    Michael

AT&T and Verizon offer 1-800 for about 4 cents a minute.
    If you are forwarding to your country, there would be an extra carrier cost. You can select either them as the carriers or any other provider, it does not matter.

Amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares....
    https://bobcares.in

I'm getting about four cents a minute anywhere in Canada and the United States.
    Michael

I have used Kall8 for well over a year now and we love the service. They offer more options that most, and it includes incoming fax and voicemail, starting at $2 / Mo. & 6.9 center p/m
    Richard W. Kelly
    Hello & Co! - It all starts with Hello ! 1-888-88-HELLO
    HelloandCo.com | HelloHost.com | HelloHost.co.uk | HelloDomains.net | HelloDNS.net | HelloServers.com | Hello-Designs.com | HelloDev.net | HelloSSL.com | HelloPay.us | eHello.net |

freedomvoice.com is excelent. Can't complain they offer a way better service for cheaper than Kall8 by the time you ad all the features up.

Well, after 4 different attempts to get some answers from the customers service staff over at kall8.com, I'm about ready to give up on them!

First I called in to their CSR #, and their night-operated answered some of my questions, but suggested I call back during the day to have my more specific/advanced questions answered by a daytime operator. Fine.

So I called and left a message for the gentleman that she told me to, who never returned my phone call. Ok, people get busy.

Next I called in to their daytime operator, who again was unable to answer all of my questions, but promised they would call back. Nothing.

Maybe they work better with email! So, I send an email with a read receipt requested. I receive a response back in a relatively short period of time (12 hours, but I sent my mail late-night AM to be fair). HOWEVER, despite my very clearly marked/numbered questions, I had maybe only 25% of my issues addressed (and, worst yet, these were the same simple items I had asked about on the phone previously).

So my response? "If you want to make this sale, then I need these answered. Otherwise, I will be going to one of your competitors." (A little nicer than this, but with this basic message).

This was on the 7th. Still no response.

Are there any other companies that provide the same depth of International support as kall8 does? They are the only ones out of all the ones listed in this thread that seem to have a substantial amount of International listings, toll-frees, and good rates to boot! Its a shame that their CSR isn't worth a penny!

Does anybody know somebody over there who might be interested in saving a potential sale, or is there a rep. on these boards?
    Bryan Jaskolka, CEO
    Nevidia Internet Solutions Ltd.

If you are in Alberta or British Columbia, why not just contact Telus?? It is only $8.00 a month and pennies a minute. Service is very stable and well...they are the phone company. I have a 1-877 number that covers Canada and US through Telus.

If not in the Telus service area, contact Bell Canada or whomever your local phone company is.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

There's a lot more to what these online services offer than to what your local telco is offering. We already have a North American toll-free through a local telco.

These companies are essentially offering a combination of telco and pbx services, which is where the value comes in (PBX).
    Bryan Jaskolka, CEO

Originally posted by Nevidia
    There's a lot more to what these online services offer than to what your local telco is offering. We already have a North American toll-free through a local telco.

These companies are essentially offering a combination of telco and pbx services, which is where the value comes in (PBX).
    Unfortunately many of the services you refer to are not available to Canadians which is where 93.3 (the thread starter) is from. If you are in the USA, you have tons of options but for those outside the USA, options become very limited.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

i am canadian and use freedomvoice.

This is not an accurate statement IMHO.

I have yet to come across one of these services that would not work for a CDN business. Most toll-free numbers in North America are for the entire continent, not just CDA or USA.
    Bryan Jaskolka, CEO

Telus is my local service provider, however, from what I can tell on their site, they off 800 numbers and do not provide any PBX solutions.
    Michael

We use Kall8 for toll free support, very good pricing. I do not know of any 800 companies that actually let you pay through PayPal.