* Should I join Superbservers reseller program? Opinions needed! :D

Hey buddies,

I was hit by Jose @ Superbservers on my MSN many times to join Superb's re-seller program. Initially, I wasn't very much interested due to the fact that past reviews reflected that they weren't as top-notch as they portrayed themselves as.

However, I am quite doubtful now regarding it as Jose has been following up things with me for months, (at least for sales ). Has anybody signed up with them? How did it work out?

And lastly, any opinions are highly welcomed and please let me know if I should join them as I don't wish to get back-fired by clients for not-up-to-par service.

How much has he annoyed you by pestering you to join?
    I always take that into consideration, but seriously, I'd recommend testing them out with a server of your own at first. I've seen their reseller prices, and it definitely is worth it if you can find people to buy the server.

-Josh

Nah, he didn't pester me, don't say that

I planned to give them a try since Jose has claimed that they have hired more staff to deal with support. Why don't we join together and check things out?

Yeap, the profit margin is way higher compared to Burstnet. Not to mention their service would be better than Burst.

I wouldn't mind, what are the requirements? I'd ask them, but I'm assuming you guys could answer faster.

Profit margin is higher, but the specs are lower (and the prices are what people here would consider high for the specs). Good luck if you do in fact start reselling for them.

-Josh

Originally posted by Rahil
    I wouldn't mind, what are the requirements? I'd ask them, but I'm assuming you guys could answer faster.
    They work on a tiered structure, for example, if you have 1-5 servers, you get XX% off, 6-10, YY%, 11 or more, ZZ% off.

-Josh

Hm, not very sure as I'm still at initial stage, but if I've not mistaken, reselling price would be superb's 12 months pricing scheme. I think you would get discount on setup as well.

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Hm, not very sure as I'm still at initial stage, but if I've not mistaken, reselling price would be superb's 12 months pricing scheme. I think you would get discount on setup as well.
    It's been a while since they contacted me about the reseller deals, so they may have changed it since then.

-Josh

Re: Should I join Superbservers reseller program? Opinions needed! :D

Initially, I wasn't very much interested due to the fact that past reviews reflected that they weren't as top-notch as they portrayed themselves as.
    I am not sure where would you get that from. Perhaps you should try looking at what our customers have to say, vs. listen to the slander posted by bitter competitors (well, not really competitors, but some small "hosting companies" who are unhappy as their customers are moving to our superior service) or abusers/hackers/spammers who have been rightfully shut down pursuant to our AUP (we do not tolerate spam and keep our IPs clean and out of any spam lists).

Originally posted by Joshua
    Profit margin is higher, but the specs are lower (and the prices are what people here would consider high for the specs).
    I think you have to look at the overall picture and factor in <knowing everything about us>

There will be always cheaper options, but in terms of value, even if you pay five times as much as to us to someone else, you'd be hard pressed to find something of comparable quality (we've done the market research and testing and have seen that).
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 04-08-2004 at 08:59 PM.

I think maybe is best to get a server yourself from them first and test it out. See if you like the experience then if it is acceptable you may join their reseller's program. Having the experience first hand would indeed help because it means that you feel what your customers feel and experience.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

True, probably they might give me a very light server to test out for free

well i have being a superb use for quite a while now.. and reseller since 4 months...

so far... so good...

check my review about superb reseller program in the dedicated hosting offers if you wish.

Give them a try

UltraUnixNET,

Configure two servers
    https://order.superb.net/dedicated/index.php
    and make a tentative offer at WHT to test the response.

Ouch! I just used the configurator provided above and set up the same configuration as my machine in Servermatrix (minus any managed service) and my price tag comes out to be

$295 setup
    $2800 monthly fees.

Ouch! That is painful. They have to be really good or my computer is broken.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I selected one and got almost the same - $2865 mo
    This might me due to the 1000 GB BW

Where is your Standard 500GB/m, P4/2.4Ghz, 512MB, 80GB server starting at $89/m ?

Thank you

Oh, well of course as you are selecting the premium bandwidth!

You can find what you are looking for at:
    http://www.superbservers.net/service...td_details.php

True, probably they might give me a very light server to test out for free
    You can do performance testing (for free, of course) at:
    http://slsdemo.dca2.superb.net
    (traceroutes, downloads, streaming, etc.)

Haralds - Your site is very hard to navigate - I suggest you make a cleaner layout that's easier to find the specs and prices, as I'm having a hard time doing so. Instead of giving plans names such as "Standard, Plus, and Pro", you should list the processor speeds and specs. Much easier than constantly switching through pages to compare specs. Also, when comparing specs, I was comparing server specs, not network specs.

< Removed. Quoted text removed. >

On your site, I see:

1 Month: $125.00/m, Setup: $95. I go by 1 month pricing when comparing companies, not 12 month pricing.

On SM's site, you can get the same specs (with 1000GB xfer, not an issue though) for $99 Setup / $109 Month.

Nocster offers it for $50 setup, $100/month

Not trying to bash your company, just pointing out the pricing difference. Hopone.net has a much more diverse network than any other provider I've mentioned, though. Is Hopone.net owned by the same people as Superb, even though they aren't the same company?

-Josh
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 04-08-2004 at 11:11 PM.

Thank you, I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Our sites are actually all dynamically generated, as service configuration and features change frequently, so once we change them in the one unified database, it is updated everywhere automagically.

But, still you do have a valid point re: the superbservers.net site perhaps using server configuration vs. set names. Though then it'll be more manual work for us, it is a very valid suggestion that I will pass on to our marketing and web design department (I am personally not involved in that)..

Re: Should I join Superbservers reseller program? Opinions needed! :D

And lastly, any opinions are highly welcomed and please let me know if I should join them as I don't wish to get back-fired by clients for not-up-to-par service. [/B]
    Best if you do your own testing by getting a server to compare it with your other servers to decide for yourself. I personally had experienced their premium service (which is supposed to be better then their valued network used in superbservers). Their impressive list of network peering, didn't perform for me as compared to when when I first joined them. Stayed with them for 1 1/2 years before leaving them mid last year due to declining network performance and constant DDOS network which affected my access. Anyway, their network didn't work for me and my website users, so I left.

Quick thing about reselling - I talked to David Mow at Superb, and he gave me tiered pricing on the servers.

-Josh

Originally posted by Joshua
    Haralds - Your site is very hard to navigate - I suggest you make a cleaner layout that's easier to find the specs and prices, as I'm having a hard time doing so. Instead of giving plans names such as "Standard, Plus, and Pro", you should list the processor speeds and specs. Much easier than constantly switching through pages to compare specs. Also, when comparing specs, I was comparing server specs, not network specs.

On your site, I see:

1 Month: $125.00/m, Setup: $95. I go by 1 month pricing when comparing companies, not 12 month pricing.

On SM's site, you can get the same specs (with 1000GB xfer, not an issue though) for $99 Setup / $109 Month.

Nocster offers it for $50 setup, $100/month

Not trying to bash your company, just pointing out the pricing difference. Hopone.net has a much more diverse network than any other provider I've mentioned, though. Is Hopone.net owned by the same people as Superb, even though they aren't the same company?

-Josh
    Ditto Josh

I believe you need to re-organize the site to look more systematic. Its informative, just that you need to organize the info in a more convenient manner.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Earlier today I talked to the people in charge of the site, and a comparison table of the different servers is going up on superbservers.net next week. That should make it a lot easier to compare the various options side-to-side on one single page, in a clear table.