Hehe, custom plan requests...

...we have custom plan form where potential clients get to, as the name suggests, create a custom plan etc

bit of backround info, we don't have reseller plans etc yet, our max plan is 10p/m, 40GB transfer, 1.5GB space.

We just got a custom request for:

Space: 5GB
    Transfer: 100GB p/m
    Expected Price: 10 p/m

maybe we should rename it "custom (sensible) plans!" either this guy is pretty ignorant or he's a joker he wants 150% extra transfer and 500% extra space for the same price as one of our existing plans

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

You will get them all the time as your business grows. I have lost count of the amount of "clans" requesting a free shoutcast server. When I email them back for their requirements, they are usually wanting something like 100 listeners at 128Kbps. Im like yeah right, I have that much bandwidth to just give to a crappy little clan
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

we've got a couple of clans hosted, they seem nice enough - I'm yet to have any shoutcast requests - I look forward to it

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

not many people even use our custom request form....
    Dimensity Web Enterprises - ..::host.exception.dimension::..
    dimensity.net | dimensity.biz | dimensity.info | support[at]dimensity.net

I don't even have one, but I will do custom quotes, I don't let the customer tell me how much they'd like to pay, they get a quote. However, if they do give me their budget I do try and follow it to a reasonable extent.
    Michael MacKinnon

I found that custom plans invite to many tightwads. Best way is to only offer quotes for high volume sites that exceed your current hosting plans.

Also Clans....argghh...

Conversation usually goes like this:

Clanner: Want to sponser a clan forum website? We have heaps of members....etc...advertising etc.....growing...etc...

Me: Sure we will give a discount to start with and setup a referal account. If you refer as many customers as you say your account will be free or we will end up paying you for it.

Clanner: Cant you just give it to us free?

Me: Bye

Shoutcast

We're about to the point where we need to write up a form letter telling clans we won't sponsor their SHOutcast/Ventrilo/website/etc. But I should sponsor them all since the in-stream ads for the 3 people listening to their server will generate more than enough new business, right?