hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Exspamd Your Mind

Forum Jump

Exspamd Your Mind

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2000, 06:01 PM
WHT Addict

Two UCEs I received yesterday. Apparently, the lawyer advising the sender of the second holds a JD granted by the first:

U N I V E R S I T Y D I P L O M A S

Obtain a prosperous future, money earning power,
and the admiration of all.

Diplomas from prestigious non-accredited
universities based on your present knowledge
and life experience.

No required tests, classes, books, or interviews.

Bachelors, masters, MBA, and doctorate (PhD)
diplomas available in the field of your choice.

No one is turned down.

Confidentiality assured.

CALL NOW to receive your diploma
within days!!!

1 - 2 1 4 - 8 5 3 - XXXX

Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including
Sundays and holidays.
Unsolicited Commercial Electronic Mail Act of 2000 (sent to Senate):
SECTION 5. Per Section 5, Paragraph (a)(1-3) of H.R.3113.
Further transmissions to you by the sender of this email may be stopped at no cost to you by sending a reply to this email address with the word "remove" in the subject line.
===============================================

Re: Website Facelift

Hi,

Many websites are still trying to attract consumers with the same boring website they had five years ago. When you consider how fast paced and high energy Internet traffic flow is, a stale site is a poor way to expand your client base. WebSitesGraphics.com is now offering a graphic and website re-design package to keep customers coming back, and to ensure a new clientele. Need a new look? Consider a Flash splash page to introduce your website.

WebSitesGraphics.com specializes in a wide range of services, helping everyone from small businesses to the exploding world of Ecommerce. By giving companies dynamic and effective web presence, WebSitesGraphics.com keeps businesses one step ahead of the pack.

With an unbeatable track record, WebSitesGraphics.com will put its creative team to work on placing you on the cutting edge of the Internet. A diverse talent base ensures clients receive highly integrated, imaginative, and professional solutions that meet their desires.

Our online presence is tremendous, and our design portfolio contains over 130 sites currently online, and 50 more in development. Once you see what we have to offer you will want us working with you.

There is nothing more important than the bottom line, which is why WebSitesGraphics.com offers unbeatable design at competitive prices. We offer a variety of design packages, providing swift and accurate quotes in order to quickly place your website back on the forefront of the web. Right where it belongs.

Spicing up a pre-existing website is great way to assert your commitment to providing customers with the most outstanding services around. WebSitesGraphics.com is prepared to help you take the next step in business. After all, nothing makes a site more irresistible to consumers than its appearance.

About WebSitesGraphics.com:
WebSitesGraphics.com is the destination where individuals, entrepreneurs, and corporations serious about the look and feel of their websites turn to. For more information please consult the Web Sites Graphics website at WebSitesGraphics.com

# # #

Released through InterWires release service .InterWires.com).

Under Bill H.R.3113 passed by the 106th US Congress this letter cannot be considered spam as long as the sender includes contact information and a method of removal

Postspamum by the Honorable Dr. tfc, BA, MA, PhD, Esq: As a widely admired member of the noveau riche, I extend my sincere gratitude (formerly known as "thanks") to the prestigous, non-accredited Institution of Higher Earning, without whom I could have considered the InterWires e-mail as "spam" (formerly known as "spam").

PPS: Anyone up for some shepardizing (just for fun)?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2000, 07:44 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thumbs down

I get both of those in my Hotmail (spam) box every two or three days. At least the 'Block Sender' option is slowing 'em down....

Old 10-17-2000, 08:09 PM
Community Guide

Cool

I rarely get spam at my isp account.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2000, 10:21 PM
WHT Addict

HR 3113 might be viewed (in fact is certainly so seen by the House, with but a single "nay") as a step in the right direction against spam, but I have misgivings about some of the language contained within it--and about the sort of junk we may be further subject to should it become law (not unlike the feeble attempt by the above to legitimize their unwanted mailings).

Old 10-17-2000, 11:42 PM

tfc:

I completely agree with you tfc. Your post sounds similar to one of my 'the legal system does not understand the Internet or technology' rants I have scattered across message boards for the past few years.
Out of curiousity, do you hold a JD?

Old 10-17-2000, 11:51 PM
Web Hosting Master

Do they offer diplomas in Web Hosting ? ;-)

The Cloud Engine

Old 10-18-2000, 01:16 AM
Web Hosting Master

Probably not, but for $20 extra they could probably make you one anyway.

Old 10-18-2000, 03:06 AM
WHT Addict

Hi austinsysop

As a matter of fact, assuming you're from or in Austin, TX, I went to law school in your neck of the woods: St Mary's in San Antonio, a non-prestigious, discredited school, but blessed with a lovely Globe Theater-like library, where I took many a nap. (ok, ok, St. Mary's folks...just kidding....I is one of yousalls...take a deep breath and go sue for your JD2B dot com or something.)

I haven't (mal)practiced in years, and certainly can't speak with any degree of authority on technology and the law, but I can appreciate your position. I recall seeing a post by you on the Napster case and was reminded of one part of the Court's opinion in Sony v Universal to which you allude--a "suggestion" that Congress will look with brighter eyes at current technology. That was some 15 years ago, and I'm not sure that's come about. And, ironically, Sony (Music) is a party to the action against Napster.

Carlos: I understand that they will indeed begin offering Web-Ed next semester (i.e., tomorrow); however, to qualify for a degree, you must take at least 15 minutes of upper-division courses, so that's something to consider before taking the proverbial plunge.

Old 10-18-2000, 03:02 PM

tfc:

tfc:
lol, Were you also Aldavized ? I too (mistakenly) have a JD from stmu and have the loans to show it. Ha, it does have a nice library.

You are the first stmu law grad I have run into on the net. It wasn't much of a tech environment. I am curious if we were classmates, mind if we take this to e-mail?

Old 10-18-2000, 06:11 PM
WHT Addict

austinsysop: well, I'll be damned.... Don't think we were there at the same time, though...Sounds like you suffered after me...speaking of which: Does Fco in K clang a bell? Anyway, yep, let me know by e-mail. Look forward to hearing from you.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
SiteLock Listing 2014-04-20 11:30:57
FullHost Listing 2014-04-20 11:31:23
Hivelocity Offers Customers Free Cloud Storage Web Hosting News 2014-01-13 15:16:53
Setting Up A Successful Affiliate Program Blog 2013-12-05 14:23:29
Super Charge Your Trial Program Blog 2013-05-16 09:48:11