Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* WebHostingTalk Insider: HostingTECH

Hi,

Just got my copy of the WebHostingTalk Insider in my Inbox, and logged into HostingTech.com

Some good selection of quality articles there. Great idea iNet

For those that are Premium Members, go to http://hostingtech.com and login.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Yes, I got it too. However, I would rather read a printed magazine rather than view it on the internet.

Guess I'm still old-fashioned. Heh
    TradeViceroy

Yeah true, there's always PingZine
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams

Really nice Newsletter!
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Good idea really, but... I tried to signup ... unsuccessfully !?

Invalid HASH INPUT..
    Bestbg - Best "Background" Services

It's a nice newsletter. I was happy with it.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

* WHT Insider Newsletter - more spam!

Actually I like it

Huh?
    You got another one?
    I didnt lol!

It's premium only.

Yeah this one has today's date

The article about "An Interview with Teenagers in the Hosting Industry" is great But where is Timmah?

Oh some one should post that

Originally posted by FatalSw1tch
    Oh some one should post that
    I don't think iNet will like it if we post it
    The whole point is for us to pay to see it

Just a suggestion, may iNet can also mail in monthly issues in the future etc.. for WHT Premium Members?

I talked to Gabriel Murphy of Inet Interactive earlier this afternoon, and he made note of this.

We discussed the last mass mailing that was sent out to wht members a minute ago, and he explained it to me like this:

when they were sending it out, it was not sent out through the vbulletin admin control panel, it was actually sent out through a 3rd party application, that inet had purchased.

They gathered all the emails by running a query on the wht members database, this query gathered all email addresses. They were not thinking clearly, and did not think to restrict the query to members who selected that they would like to recieve emails from administrators.

My viewpoint was changed with the conversation with Gabriel, they shouldn't be blamed for the 'downfall' of wht, they are only trying to increase the value of wht, they have not taken anything away from the original members, they are only trying to improve the experience for the community members.

<<Edited by request>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 04-07-2004 at 10:00 PM.

Except this thread isn't about the mass mailing, this is about the mailing we opted in to

I know, I was just being silly.

Seems like it as a PDF would be nice.

In terms of content, at least the teenager article didn't really seem to be an article. A few questions and responses but it all seemed very informal, even the conclusion.

The EV1 & SCO article really seems to have no conclusion, rather just some information. Would have been nice to maybe have it concluded with a paragraph about Robert now having second thoughts. Personally I think that is really more news worthy than the fact he bought a license. Rather the effect him saying he would not do this again and how that effects the SCO and their position seems really important. Also the current news concerning Redhat and IBM in relation to the SCO seems really important.

I don't mean to really rag on it but it just seemed like true interesting content is lacking. Remember your audience, WHT members, many keep up on the industry news especially things that relate to this community.
    Advanced Forum Hosting
    http://www.boardnation.com
    Easily build a community today!

Originally posted by KimmiKat
    Really nice Newsletter!
    How do you know? You're not premium.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

One of the "teens" interviewed in the article I suspected of being a teenager with some of the posts he makes here at WHT. Some days he seems to know a lot about hosting other days I am like is he serious.

Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

We can turn off the premium member image.

Originally posted by daveman
    Seems like it as a PDF would be nice.

In terms of content, at least the teenager article didn't really seem to be an article. A few questions and responses but it all seemed very informal, even the conclusion.

The EV1 & SCO article really seems to have no conclusion, rather just some information. Would have been nice to maybe have it concluded with a paragraph about Robert now having second thoughts. Personally I think that is really more news worthy than the fact he bought a license. Rather the effect him saying he would not do this again and how that effects the SCO and their position seems really important. Also the current news concerning Redhat and IBM in relation to the SCO seems really important.

I don't mean to really rag on it but it just seemed like true interesting content is lacking. Remember your audience, WHT members, many keep up on the industry news especially things that relate to this community.

But if it concluded wouldn't that make it harder to make a Part 2?

Is it 3 months to the next issue?

If you read the first couple of paragraphs, they indicate it will be monthly.

A lot of errors throughout many of the articles, i'm not even talking about the spelling / grammer kind of errors.

Like in the EV1 article:

"Ev1 was founded by Robert Marsh in January of 2000. EV1 provides managed(??) dedicated hosting that is affordable"

I haven;t visited Ev1 in some time but since when are they managed?

Derrick

First I'd like to introduce myself...my name is Sherry Griddine and I'm the new Content Manager for Hosting Tech. In addition, I want to thank you all for your comments, they are much appreciated!

Next...

Originally posted by Derrick
    A lot of errors throughout many of the articles, i'm not even talking about the spelling / grammer kind of errors.

Like in the EV1 article:

"Ev1 was founded by Robert Marsh in January of 2000. EV1 provides managed(??) dedicated hosting that is affordable"

I haven;t visited Ev1 in some time but since when are they managed?

Derrick
    Thank you for pointing that out Derrick, that was an oversight that has since been corrected. I would like to know of other errors that you have found. We're just getting started with the newsmagazine and I know we have some tweaking that needs to be done.

I'm here to make Hosting Tech an informative and enjoyable newsmagazine for WHT members. I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism, as well as pointing out any mistakes. Please do not hestitate to contact me at content@inetinteractive.com.

Gridiron,

Thanks for posting, at least you guys show concern for the errors I will point out any other errors I find, have not had a chance to read over the whole thing yet.

Derrick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast