Thread: whois.sc

whois.sc

how reliable is whois.sc ? ive been watching a domain name that will expire soon, and i checked the domain on namecheap.com and it said it was registered untill next year? so i went back to whois.sc and it still says it will expire soon?

thanks, Jroy

whois.sc has tens of millions of names to check, they do not update them everyday. When you query whois.sc it shows what is stored in their database, not a live whois record. When you query namecheap.com, they performed a live lookup.

Next time you better use a service like:

http://www.freewho.com/checker/index.php
    DirectorioVPS List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

You could try monitoring software.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

ok, i guess ill just check all of my names with namecheap from now on

registry expire date is not like registrar expire date, coz expired domains gets 1 year addon until the registry request a DELETE for the domain it will go back to the real expire date.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I also like FreeWho's Checker script. It is a great tool and helps keep track of expiry dates.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Hello all ,
    Is there a live whois ? is this http://www.freewho.com/checker/index.php live ?
    Thanks

freewho.com is live
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi