Question Could someone make a chargback for a donation they made through PayPal?

Could someone make a chargback for a donation they made through PayPal?

Does PayPal still offer the donation feature? I've just checked out PayPal and I don't see it anywhere.

it's in the merchant tools -> website paymenst section...

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

In answer to your question, yes - someone *could* dispute or chargeback a PayPal transaction or really just about any other Internet or card not present transaction with no imprint or signature.

However, the ramifications for them doing this might be the loss of their PayPal account depending on how this would be handled by PayPal.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

hmm...i can understand chargeback for products and services but to ask for a chargeback for a donation?that seems kind of odd...
    I hope it's not often that someone decides after doing some charity work to say he didn't feel the cause was really worth it after all..
    Multi Tier Affiliate Programs : Multiply Your Affiliate Program Commissions

Statistically, it doesn't seem to happen that often. I can't even recall the last time it happened with any of our merchants who accepted donations, but that doesn't mean that it never happens.

I could envision it happening if for instance - some "charity" or organization accepting donations ends up being a scam or mis-appropriates funds. That could create a public outcry and result in chargebacks and so that is where I would see the most likely area of risk on this type of a merchant.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!